cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 of our favorite Italian cars

Italian cars have a reputation for being elegant, finicky, expensive, or perhaps some combination of the three. Classic Italian automotive culture brings to mind coachbuilt bodies, racing heritage, and V-12s, but in reality, the Italian peninsula has produced cars with a vast range of characters and abilities. In a recent livestream, we decided to dive into the nuances of Italy's automotive offerings and pick our favorite Italian cars—the list may surprise you.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/8-of-our-favorite-italian-cars/

Replies (34)

Replies (34)

I love the Dino 246. It's the first Ferrari I came to love. The landlord at an apartment building I was living in had one. It was dark blue, and sounded incredible. I knew there was no way I'd ever be able to own a Ferrari. Wrong! I own one of these temperamental beasts. A Ferrari 360 Spider. When they are good, they are oh, so good and when they act up they are horrible!

Everytime I start the car, I wonder what's going to break this time. 99% of the time, nothing bad happens and then the 1% rears its ugly head. The positive about this is that I'm able to diagnose and fix virtually anything that goes wrong with these works of art. They are built to be taken apart and parts are readily (at a high cost!) available.

Once I'm rolling down the road, all thoughts of problems evaporate and I feel one with the machine. It's amazing to run through the gears to redline or downshifting heal-toe into a sharp corner. Nothing like it.

F360_engine.jpg

Intermediate Driver

1967 Duetto, winding Alps roads, sun, absolute fun!

New Driver

Not a winch, but a wench...

New Driver

Dino wears no prancing horse because it was never intended to be a  Ferrari in spite of they fact the F-boys manufactured this power pony.

Intermediate Driver