cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 no-reserve collector cars on the eBay menu this week

Some of us have our dream classic nailed down to the year, make, model, and paint code. Others, perhaps, prefer to trawl the back pages of Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for inspiration, trusting that a quirky fender cut or charming rust bucket will catch their eye. Whichever camp you belong to, we’ve already got you covered with some online buying tips. For today, however, we decided to make life even easier on our fellow eBay scanners by selecting eight no-reserve classics up for grabs this week (all recorded in ET). They run the gamut from prewar to mid-2000s, from tattered barn find to show-car stunner, from tossable coupe to trusty pickup. Take a gander—and if you’re the winning bidder, drop us a comment so we can celebrate with you!

Read the full list on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/8-no-reserve-collector-cars-on-the-ebay-menu-this-w...

View Entire Topic

Who wouldn't want to get into the Vintage Vehicle Hobby with a "not break the bank" purchase!  While I always advise my contacts to study a specific market thoroughly prior to purchasing, I want to speak to sellers.  I looked at the 1962 Beetle (above) and groaned as I viewed the photos of a car which is grossly misrepresented as "has been restored to sparkling status".  This vehicle is far from having been restored.  "To restore" in its common definition means to "return to original condition".   I regularly critique car ads for would-be buyers.  It is a common occurrence to view photos of a vehicle which has a shining coat of paint--but wait!  Open the engine compartment and the undisturbed grime and incorrect parts jump off the screen.  Since when does a coat of paint and fresh upholstery constitute restoration?  I critique far more diligently any vehicle whose seller claims "restoration" than I would a vehicle which is sold "as-is" or as a driver, or even a "reconditioned" car.  So, I am going on-and-on here about a car on a Hagerty Site which the writer claims has been sparklingly restored. 

Pit Crew