cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

'69 Ford Mustang Mach 1 drives for the first time in 30 years!

The Redline Rebuild team is in the midst of some "show and tell" right now, in case you haven't been watching for a few weeks. Davin learned about a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 that had been in storage for 30 years and determined that rest period was just too long.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos/mustang-mach-1-drives-for-the-first-time-in-30-years/
6 REPLIES 6
JBaguley
Intermediate Driver

Seriously well done, gentlemen, well done indeed. Thanks for sharing the moments.
merlebalke
Detailer

I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear the "it's a 69 so you don't need a seatbelt" comment.
TG
Instructor

I know it's easy to circle bullet holes, but we are three episodes deep and that vacuum advance still has no hose attached.

On the other hand - I like the fact that this guy goes straight for the needs and doesn't get wrapped up in 'let's just put a new one on because we have it apart'. I don't know how many projects i've seen go sideways because people get into 'I want everything new and/or painted' mode
awideman
New Driver

I am surprised that the wheel cylinders were not replaced or at least taken apart and cleaned. Anything that I have worked on that has sat that long had problems with the wheel cylinders either being stuck or stuck after the brakes were applied. It would have been easy to "clean them up" while replacing the shoes.
JustinSchroder
Intermediate Driver

"Whatever you do, don't..." What?
Don't what?
Aaarrrggghhh!
jlalbrecht
Pit Crew

I had to watch Sue's reaction 3 times because it was so sweet. All the thoughts that must have been going through her head. Just a beautiful scene.