cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

6 vintage motorcycles to buy based on your favorite car

You hang around folks who love vintage cars enough and you'll inevitably meet vintage motorcycle guy or gal. They mean well, love all things with oil pumps (and some without) but will take every opportunity to espouse the virtues of the under-appreciated vintage motorcycle world. "You can store a dozen in the space of a single Cadillac!" he or she will exclaim before shifting to extolling the virtues of the fun-per-dollar that few four-wheel contraptions can rival. Allow them to ramble. Contemplate their points. Come to your own conclusions. You now want to buy a motorcycle. I thought so. Good for you. Now what do you buy?

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/entertainment/6-vintage-motorcycles-to-buy-based-on-your-favorite-car/

83 REPLIES 83
Hagerty Employee

I love the Spyker/Confederate comparison, both are very steampunk.

Intermediate Driver

and if your love is an E-type?

only one answer will do...TEL rode the most famous one, sadly to his demise;

New Driver

One missing addition. If you like the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS then you should get the BMW R90S

New Driver

Will the Confederate need to undergo a name change so soon after the last name change??

New Driver

Its unfortunate that Hagerty promotes vintage motorcycles, yet won’t insure them in Canada.

Pit Crew

And yet the world’s fastest

production bike ( Hayabusa )not mentioned?

Passenger

Most 60's choppers were Panheads, not Knuckleheads.

Pit Crew

Usually I love these articles and leave favorable comments.  Not this time.  No.  No way. Nope.  Noppity-nope.  Uh-uh.  Sorry, I just can't see any connection between the mentioned autos and bikes other than country of origin.  And you could have at least posted a photo of a VINTAGE Royal Enfield rather than a 2020 model.   I realize in these days of quarantine and social distancing it's difficult to come up with car stories, but this one was really reaching.  Just re-run some old stories if you get stuck.  90% of us read them with our first coffee in the AM anyway so we wouldn't remember we've seen them before.  

Passenger

Why not an Indian decked out Western style? Or a Harley Hog based on those older dudes (like me) who like Series 75 Cadillacs?