cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 of the coolest speedos in production cars

The amount of importance put on how the exterior of a car looks is huge, and the driver is likely the owner who selected a car based on that outer appearance. However, when we drive we don’t get to see the outside. Instead, we’re left gazing through a clear windscreen with an occasional glance at the gauge cluster.

If you are less concerned with the outside appearance and more concerned with what you will see from the driver's seat, here are six cars that might be worth considering for your next purchase.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/entertainment/6-of-the-coolest-speedos-in-production-cars/

View Entire Topic

I think it is kind of neat to see the 84-89 C4 dash mentioned. I had a 86 and I always thought the 84-89 digital dashes looked cool (especially at night) and were the best by far of any of the digital dash of that era. The tach was useless at WOT, though. The dash technology was too slow to update. The C4 didn't accelerate hard so the speedometer wasn't that big of deal.  The ZR-1 was supposed to be introduce in 1989 and was suppose to use a variation of that dash, fortunately by the next year they update the dash to use analog tach.

I think if you were young in the 80's, the 80's Atari dash is probably nostalgic. Other generations probably not so much.

New Driver