cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Hemi-powered muscle cars flying the Mopar flag at Indy 2020

June 6 marks the 95th anniversary of Chrysler, and what better way to celebrate the company than by highlighting what is perhaps its greatest contribution to the automotive pantheon, the Hemi V-8. There have been three generations of Hemi V-8, but none make quite the statement the second-gen does. Whether it was a billboard graphic plastered boldly on the side of a ‘Cuda or the subtle rumble shaking the pavement, if people knew you were packing 426 cubic inches of free-breathing Hemi V-8, they’d give you a wide berth on the street. Conversely, open the hood of your Hemi-powered Dodge or Plymouth muscle car at any car show and you’ll be sure motorheads will come flocking.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/6-hemi-powered-muscle-cars-flying-the-mopar-flag-at-indy-2020...

Replies (8)

Replies (8)

Those two drag cars sure bring back some memories. I'm old enough to remember when they shook the ground.They may not be as fast as todays dragsters,but,they sure had a style all there own.

Intermediate Driver

In ‘69 I chose not to buy a Hemi Road Runner because the warranty was only a year. Seems it was a 900 buck option, if I remember right. What a dumbazz.

Pit Crew

Nice little article about Hemi Mopars.
So where's the Hemis? All this talk and NO pix. Not good guys...

Intermediate Driver

I love these cars but think the 66 Charger should have been in this line up!

Passenger

1968 Charger R/T 426 4sp in B5 blue, hands down. Like the one I had same combination except black top & interior. DM

New Driver

Never get tired of this golden era from Mopar

Intermediate Driver

Favorite hemi-powered cars?  The Cunningham cars of the early '50s that carried America's honor at LeMans.

Intermediate Driver

Boy howdy!  I so remember the Gene Snow Super Stock running the paint off its rivals!  Yes, it did shake the ground!! Awesome!  

New Driver