cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 bargains from the 2020 Monterey online auctions

Although nothing can stop the Dawn Patrol hats from going out (patience, people), there wasn’t much of a Monterey Car Week this year—for obvious reasons. Thankfully, despite the pandemic canceling just about everything, there was the usual flurry of auctions, albeit online and pared down to three major sales: RM Sotheby’s, Gooding & Company, and Bonhams. There were still 262 vehicles on offer, however, and even though the focus (as usual for Monterey) was on the high-end stuff, we kept an eye out for deals, like we always do. And when we say “deals,” we don’t necessarily mean “cheap,” we mean there were some cars that sold for a lot less than we thought they would. Here are the six that most surprised us.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/6-bargains-2020-monterey-online-auctions/

Replies (2)

Replies (2)

The aftermarket fender skirts on the Beetle have one of, if not the best designs and fit that I've ever seen. They have the OEM look, unlike some others which don't quite match body lines, or look like a blister on the bodywork.

Pit Crew

The Triumph GT-6 is cool but I never see anything regarding the MGC. A fellow sailor I knew brought one home from a tour in England in 1969. British racing green, 4 speed manual with electric overdrive, a soft and hardtop and wire wheels. I remember the MG dealer in San Diego kept trying to buy it from him as they could not get any equipped like his for inventory. I've not seen any for sale either. I had access to this car and it would cruise at 100mph all day long out on Interstate 8.

Intermediate Driver