cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

50 years since the GSX, Buick engineers flock to GS Nationals to stoke the flame | Hagerty Media

Loyal readers (particularly Buick buffs) have hopefully been following along our coverage of the 2021 Buick GS Nationals and the 50th anniversary GSX Reunion. While our first story was all about embedding with the enthusiast citizenry on the drag strip, in the a paddock, and around the car show, our second episode was a profile of one particularly clean GSX.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/50-years-since-the-gsx-buick-engineers-flock-to-gs-...
6 REPLIES 6
ThumperUSMC
Intermediate Driver

Always did like the Buick GSX. Never owned one, but I liked them. A buddy of mine back in the day had one. At the time, I had a '68 GTO. We used to race a lot (Of course, 'never on the street'...LOL), and the Buick actually beat me a few times. Maybe because my tires were going up in smoke most of the way, but it beat me none the less...
SJ
Advanced Driver

Great article!
CarciergeReggie
Intermediate Driver

In the 1980's I had a 1969 Olds 442 with W30, by friend had a Stage GSX and repeatedly ate my lunch with it! What a great story!
Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

Love the GSX engine shots. Got some more?
Jvlandy
New Driver

AC8A260A-B668-4C6B-9227-B5A4678ED3D8.jpeg

 My cars in my dad’s driveway circa 1977.  Unfortunately, had to sell the GSX in 1980.  It BJ Auctioned  around 2012 for 80k from the Otis Chandler Collection, after spending 20 years in Japanese private collection.  Oh yeah, I sold it for $3200. Lol! 🤗

Parklane
New Driver

Bring it back, Buick!!