cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 winter beaters to endure the cold months ahead

As residents of hot and dry regions of the U.S. prepare to bring their convertibles out for prime driving season, those of up north and in the Snow Belt have to start thinking about off-season storage. When you don't want to subject a car you care about to the elements, that's where a winter beater comes in real handy.

Read the full list over on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/5-winter-beaters-to-endure-the-cold-months-ahead/ 

View Entire Topic

I am guessing that I am not the only one with this issue as a car guy living in the snow belt. I care too much about my cars as an enthusiast.  20 years ago, I bought an AWD GMC Syclone to be my year round driver while my Corvette sat in the garage.  It was low mile rust free SoCal truck, that I couldn't bring myself to drive it in the winter.  More recently I bought an AWD Sports Sedan that wasn't as collectible, I still couldn't bring myself to drive it in the winter and it sits my garage with my Syclone in the winter.  I do have a sacrificial lamb as my beater, but I still keep it cleaner than most people keep their car.

New Driver