cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

5 hot convertibles up for grabs at Barrett-Jackson's July online sale

Summer is officially here, and there's no better way to enjoy the weather while social distancing is to get out and drive. Of course, a convertible is the obvious choice for the perfect summer cruiser. If your garage is lacking that perfect driver for those warm summer days, Barrett-Jackson has you covered.

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/five-hot-convertibles-up-for-grabs-at-barrett-jacksons-july-o...

28 REPLIES 28
Pit Crew

It's hard to beat the style of an XK150 both outside of and under the hood. However,I used to work at a British car dealership and even the British-born mechanics used to pull their hair out trying to keep the darn things tuned properly.

Passenger

Vintage British cars have a class that is quite unique...but if you are looking for reliability, you could do a lot better.I remember in 60's 70's and 80's so many Jags or Rolls or Triumphs that had their internals changed to American engines and drivetrains....that was not really there with say German cars or even Italian cars. Owners would love the looks of the Brits but they would get fed up with the never ending issues...and even when they would get the mechanicals changed the electrical issues were still another challenge...but to me some of the classiest cars made are British...even though I never owned a British car 

New Driver

If I had the $$, I would jump on Viper. When it came out in 90's I was in my late 20's and I was drooling all over it! I even went to a Dodge dealership and sat in a red one that was cordoned off in their showroom. The car is truly a work of art, inside and out.

Pit Crew

As the owner of a 1965 Big Block (396 cu in) Red Corvette convertible, I can unequivocally say there are fewer cars out there that can attract more attraction that a big block corvette.  And a convertible is just icing on the cake.  My car had a great frame off restoration and it gets driven regularly.  Awesome sounding with the original factory side pipes and a really great cruiser.  (very popular at car show, as well).  Any mid-year Corvette (Coupe or Convertible) in good to great condition is most sought after by collectors.  Personally, I am partial to the convertibles and feel the convertible just enhances the driving experience.  Just my 2 cents worth...JAB

Intermediate Driver

Could'nt go wrong with any of these

Pit Crew

All very lovely; the problem with the low mileage sub-1000 mile garage queens (the Viper and the VW) is that you can't drive them without destroying value. If you cannot drive them, I don't see the point in having them, personally. 

New Driver

I’ve owned many British cars — Aston Martin, Morgan and Jaguar — over many years, and I’ve gotten excellent service from them. I never understood the point of replacing the engine with a Ford or Chevy V8 — the British engines weren’t the problem, it was the electrics, most of which remained after an engine swap. Jaguar’s XK straight-6 is one of the world’s great engines, and I never had any problems with mine, or with the V12 in my E-type. They didn’t run hot, either. Actually, I’ve had little trouble with Lucas electrics in general. I’d love a Chevy V8 — in a C2 Corvette. 

Intermediate Driver

Right on the nose.  Might as well buy a piece of jewelry or a nice watch.

Intermediate Driver

What's that old joke?  The British like warm beer because they have Lucas refrigerators.