cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 aftermarket V-8 valve covers to spruce up that engine bay

When it comes to engines, I appreciate factory performance options that deliver outstanding power straight from the factory. However, that’s just a jumping-off point for hot-rodders and tuners, so I really love aftermarket speed parts. Valve covers themselves have a simple job: keep the oil inside and debris outside. Aside from providing more room for larger rockers or a stud girdle, they are almost totally cosmetic. Why not pick some that lend the right tone to your engine bay? Here are five of my favorite styles of aftermarket valve covers for domestic V-8 engines.

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/5-favorite-aftermarket-valve-covers/

View Entire Topic

For my ‘60 Corvette, the factory imperfect ribbed aluminum covers are a must. 
I’m not a fan of jewelry under the hood. An exposed engine is the exception. Even back in the day, I’ve always gone for the sleeper look, so the less showy the better (painted aluminum manifolds included). I tended to have rats before that became a “thing”. I liked understated; factory performance covers or plain die cast covers, not ribbed. Even fabricated covers at times. Rigid aluminum covers do a much better job at sealing things up. The older covers made in any fashion are usually thicker material. The stamped steel and aluminum covers nowadays are thin as all heck and have no place on a street engine. 

Pit Crew