cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 aftermarket V-8 valve covers to spruce up that engine bay

When it comes to engines, I appreciate factory performance options that deliver outstanding power straight from the factory. However, that’s just a jumping-off point for hot-rodders and tuners, so I really love aftermarket speed parts. Valve covers themselves have a simple job: keep the oil inside and debris outside. Aside from providing more room for larger rockers or a stud girdle, they are almost totally cosmetic. Why not pick some that lend the right tone to your engine bay? Here are five of my favorite styles of aftermarket valve covers for domestic V-8 engines.

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/5-favorite-aftermarket-valve-covers/

View Entire Topic

OK, so I got most of that stuff already but having 20K miles and about 10 years use on these finned aluminum items, I see lots of crud and staining going on in the dulled areas between in the valleys below the polished fins. I have used many different solvents and polishes plus varied methods to clean these areas with only marginal looking results. Does anyone out there know a good way to do this without removing these items for cleaning and getting a nice appearance afterward without spending all day to "Get 'er done" ? Grumpy's Ride" is not a trailered show car but a very presentable street rod which goes a whole bunch of places when my health and this virus will let us do so. Grumpy would sure like to have some help on this one because Grumpy's wife is getting tired of breaking her finger nails while doing it, lately. Thanks...

Pit Crew