cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 cars you didn’t know were designed by musicians

Cars and music are two passions that have crossed paths in all kinds of memorable ways. The birth of rock ’n’ roll in the 1950s dovetailed with the arrival of teenagers with disposable incomes and a suburban sprawl that demanded to be cruised once school was out for the day. It wasn’t long before songs commemorating nearly everything you could do with—or in—a car were flooding the airwaves and soaking permanently into pop culture. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/4-cars-you-didnt-know-were-designed-by-musicians/

Replies (12)

Replies (12)

I think the characterization of “4 cars designed by musicians” is quite misleading. These cars were all designed by automotive engineers, and particularly in the case of Singer, after-marketed by an artist. I would love to have a Singer Porsche - the other 3, meh.

New Driver

Love the looks of the Continental, but Young will never admit it isn’t the electric things that are saving all the people and the vehicles that restore and rescue during these times. Yes, the time is coming for a greater mix of electric and fossil fuel but even so the environment and climate are only in Gods hands —we aren’t and can’t destroy it.

Passenger

What about all the wild dream machines of Wil I. Am?  He's my neighbor; hard to miss when he's in town, with his wild rides realized by California Custom.

New Driver

Yello for sure. I've been a fan of the group since the 80's. 

New Driver

Will I Am, of the iconic group the Black Eyed Peas, stated on an episode of the original show Top Gear, that he wanted to produce a car in LA, to give back to his community. I never have heard if he pursued this or not. Maybe you can find out.

Passenger

"Italo-disco marching powder"? 

I thought cocaine came from South America. 

Intermediate Driver

I worked in the record industry back then.  I knew Roger Christian but never realized he wrote the Beach Boy lyrics.  He was a top DJ when KFWB was the THE station for rock and roll.  Roger was a down to earth guy without any ot the "look at me" shenanigans some of the lesser artists exuded.  I seem to remember a Corvette on jacks at his house.  It was a while ago.

Pit Crew

Hands down the moroder and the singer(a porsche) . I'm sorry(not really) but Neil Young's car is the ugliest piece a **bleep** I've ever set my eye on. If that's what your into ,you should be euthanized, (yuck) I'm gonna spew chunks...

Passenger

The Rinspeed Yello Talbo would be my first choice. Then the LincVolt.

Passenger

The Rinspeed classified ad found in the article is actually a 5.0 V8 with a twin screw supercharger!  Big block torque in a neoclassic? 😮

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1187017?fbclid=IwAR0qaLsEO-ynbLF4HAUBuVBzKm9Y2Gskh0JYRyhq3pJOPX...

Community Manager

Singer Porsche. Awesome engineering refresh with respect for iconic 911 design

Passenger

The Singer Porsche. Awesome engineering upgrade with respect for the iconic 911 design

Passenger