cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

2021 Super Bowl car ads: Winners and losers | Hagerty Media

Super Bowl LV was light on late-game heroics-Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made sure of that by cruising to a 31-9 victory over Kansas City. And we also expected automotive advertising to play it safe this year.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/entertainment/2021-super-bowl-car-ads-winners-and-losers/
23 REPLIES 23
hyperv6
Instructor

I am a GM guy but the GM ads were lacking. 

At a time Cadillac and Hummer is trying to be seen not a joke they hire a comedian? 

As for the Cadillac ad most people have never seen the new EV model. Was there  a real need to show a creepy Tim Burton memory here? 

They finally have some real product to show case over a Chevy based model with more chrome called a Cadillac. It is time to let the product talk this time. 

Too often most companies hire people from collage to market a product they have no passion for let alone understand that product or customer. 

It is time they get people in that have a real passion for the product. Back in the 60's when Pontiac came to the fore front the marketing man for them actually not only marketed the car but also raced to a US Nationals win in Super Stock in 1960. He knew the product, the customers and knew what it took to sell them. No goofing around with celebrities that half love and half hate that have nothing to do with the product. 

At least with the Lebron ads he did own one that was well known. 

OldCarMan
Advanced Driver

People in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, were NOT amused by the stupid US map showing half of Michigan missing! It is one of the most scenic and natural areas of the country, that has a very low population density. Because of that, it doesn't even get flyover status, just ignored. How about the idiot ad agency that put together the ad for Jeep and the Jeep Marketing geniuses get together and provide 906 new Jeeps to people of the UP? That number is the same as the UP area code!
SJacobT
Intermediate Driver

Donald Trump will save YOU!
MajorTomB
Intermediate Driver

The Jeep ad was a touchdown? I have not seen it presented as such in any other places.
SJacobT
Intermediate Driver

The MAGA crowd have apparently had to daub a thick layer of DJT’s brain droppings on their upper lip to endure its blatantly leftist sentiments...
Sledogpilot
Intermediate Driver

If you want to have unity, Springsteen is about the last guy to promote it with the venom he’s spewed over the last 4 years and his fake Middle America persona. They were all about “resist” not unity. Now they want compliance.
Laddcruzer
New Driver

I guess we know who you voted for, Mr Divider.
Sledogpilot
Intermediate Driver

Yup. The guy who didn’t support the Iraq war back when, didn’t start a new war, reversed Obama’s lowest labor participation rate, highest welfare  “jobs going away and not coming back” economy. 
The guy who was supposedly a fac$ist who never stopped or canceled anyone from criticizing or lying about him, didn’t cancel anyone’s free speech or gun rights. 

Not the guy who blackmailed the Ukrainian gov with $1bil in US aid to get his corrupt son’s investigators fired or who has 5 multi million dollar houses on a senator & VP salary. Enjoy the decline of the constant US last policies. 

SJacobT
Intermediate Driver

If you say it it must be true...
Sledogpilot
Intermediate Driver

I’ll let Joe say it in his own words

https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

The date typo on the opening screen is corrected below:In 2016 Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, in his investigation of corruption involving Buris...
s083874
Pit Crew

Best Superbowl ad of all time was George Washington and his army of Dodge Challengers SRT8s coming out of the forest and over running the British.
onteo
New Driver

The middle ? Really Bruce after the last 4 years of your divisive rhetoric, I don't think so. This was voted the worst commercial of the Superbowl for good reason.
Laddcruzer
New Driver

Oh, just try not too be a divider like our past President. It actually feels good.
SJacobT
Intermediate Driver

Donald Trump will save us!
Y8er
Pit Crew

I strongly disagree with your short-sighted assessment of the WeatherTech ad. Their message was probably the strongest and most important of the group. Hiring American and Buying American is a strategy we ALL should be supporting in our quest to be GREAT again. What's more AMERICAN than NFL Football and hiring/buying American? I'm glad I bought the WeatherTech floor liners for my wife's car for Christmas.
WeatherTech: 100 yd. Fieldgoal attempt SUCCESSFUL!!!

DeanH
Pit Crew

The Jeep ad would have been better served if they used an actual middle American worker instead of a limousine liberal who would never be caught dead doing what Bruce led us to believe.

The only thing more disgusting was the plug where Colbert was miked slurping down a wing then dunking a football in dressing and sucking it off.

And don't even get me started on all the other Woke propaganda.

If this is the new normal count me out. .
Jost
Intermediate Driver

All are great except I take issue with the Vroom ad because it depicts car salesmen in a negative light and not all are that way. It reminds me of a Geico ad several years ago. It showed a "independent insurance agent" as a frumpy old guy in a dumpy office drinking coffee, not very professional in appearance and it said, to paraphrase " is this who you would want to buy insurance from". Well, as most can ascertain by now, I am an independent insurance agent. While at this time I am older and do have a cup of coffee on my desk I am hardly unprofessional or without knowledge to advise my clients in their best interest. And, the independent insurance agent assoc. successfully had the ad pulled, I hope the dealer networks do the same. Its hard enough out there without being depicted poorly.
Mope
New Driver

I alway thought Jeep was middle America as a car company can get. A symbol of freedoms and respect of outdoor environment with all the outdoors have to offer. Why would Jeep side with an elitist liberal? This guy is against everything Jeep has stood for in the past. He would have my beloved XJ in the crusher if he could. Well I guess I can feel comfortable and jump off the fence to join the bucking Bronco
Y8er
Pit Crew

Agreed. Too bad Ford didn't use this opportunity to celebrate the reintroduction of the great, new Bronco models made for dedicated off-road and truck enthusiasts... instead of piling-on to the prevailing sad times and appealing to what's "socially acceptable".
BMD4800
Detailer

Bruce Springsteen and Brian Cranston are both openly and vocally anti-one side.

Hard to present a sincere unifying message with divisive voices.
SJacobT
Intermediate Driver

Donald Trump will save us.
roadio55
Intermediate Driver

I may be wrong, but I had the impression "We're coming, Norway" was meant to sound like "We're coming your way." I've never seen one of those Cadillacs on the road. I thought it was a concept vehicle.

Bruce may be from Jersey, but his musical persona is Tom Joad. I was surprised to see who was wearing the hat and bandana. Then I realized he is the best icon to play that role.
Sledogpilot
Intermediate Driver

Interesting that the guy who lamented “foreman said these jobs are goin’ boys, and they ain’t comin’ back” (your home town)  supported the president (Obama) who said the same thing...

...and hated the president who brought many of them back.