cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Mazda 3 gets a 2.5-liter turbo but no Mazdaspeed variant

Mazda is rolling out updates for its 2021 lineup and bringing two additional engine choices to the table for its handsome Mazda 3 sedan and hatchback. While these engines may be new to the Mazda 3, we don’t expect either to be newcomers to Mazda’s larger lineup. For 2021, Mazda seems content with a bit of powertrain option shuffling; it’s stopped short of bundling its manual gearbox and most potent four-pot into an enthusiast-special Mazdaspeed variant. Here’s what you can expect from the 2021 Mazda 3 lineup.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/2021-mazda-3-gets-a-2-5-liter-turbo-but-no-mazdaspeed-variant/

View Entire Topic

If that engine was in the current Mazda 3 hatchback with a manual it would be in my driveway right now. I test drove the current one and loved everything about it, except the fact that it was shamefully under powered. It was better to drive and be in than the GTI and Golf R I drove, and the tech was superior to the vehicle I eventually purchased, a CPO Macan S. Even with full control of the gears, I felt the Mazda didn't have enough punch to make it fun to drive, the same could not be said for the Golf R or the Macan.

New Driver