cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 --- First Drive | Hagerty Media

Alright, here's the story. There's a great American performance car that comes in two flavors: the basic variety with a pickup-truck V-8 and the crazy version with a high-revving bespoke engine and insanely track-focused features everywhere you look. They're both great cars, but one of them feels a little tame and the other one seems [...]
https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-car-reviews/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-first-drive/
9 REPLIES 9
BobbyShoe4
Pit Crew

This is one of the best reviews I've read im some time. Nailed every single point I wanted to see discussed. Brilliant work
dhaugh
Pit Crew

I agree, an excellent review that hit on all the right stuff. In the 47 photos they could have lifted the bonnet to include a few from there
tahend
Detailer

Ford really nailed the design on this Mach 1.
Iso_Grifo
Intermediate Driver

Well done write-up. Nice car. I really like that “Fighter Jet Grey”. Ford's got a winner.
BrendanMc
Pit Crew

All steak no side dishes. This is a great review.
SJ
Intermediate Driver

How about some real world performance information and specs, maybe a little more in depth comparison to the GT. Still it is nicely done for what it is.
Rider79
Instructor

Too bad it doesn't come as a convertible; I believe the Camaro still offers the soft-top version of its highest-performance versions. Many of us are willing to give up a bit of at-the-limit performance, to be able to put the top down. I don't think the Mustang coupe even offers a moonroof as an alternative.
Rider79
Instructor

Not sure why the basic 5.0 is apparently being called a "pickup-truck V8". At least one test of a Ford F-150 with the 5.0 complained that it did not have the correct torque-curve for heavy towing and hauling; seemingly, the engine was optimized for a performance car, not a truck.
Gary_Bechtold
Detailer

It's a great car. I've driven the current Mustang GT with PP1 and the 10-speed auto, magnetic ride suspension. It's a great daily car. If I got one I'd take it without the hood stripes. I want it to be a clean look.