cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

2021 Daytona 500 will allow a limited number of fans

The 2021 Daytona 500 will have fans in attendance; how many remains to be determined. We know, however, that Daytona International Speedway won’t be at full capacity for the 63rd running of NASCAR’s iconic season-opening race, scheduled for February 14.

According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal and other media outlets, the number of spectators allowed to attend the 500 “will be limited” because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Regardless, Speedway officials are optimistic.

Read the full news on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/2021-daytona-500-will-allow-a-limited-number-of-fans/

2 REPLIES 2
TimK
Detailer

It's OK only a limited number of fans will be allowed entry because due to the stupid rules changes and now politicization, there are only a limited number of fans who want to attend, or even watch on TV for that matter. I know I quit watching not long after Bill France turned it over to his kids and just shake my head at the added stupidity that has ensued. But at least blaming it on the flu allows NASCAR hide the fact they are losing their fan base.

OldRoad
Instructor

Every time a super speedway wreck happens, "We've got to slow these cars down"! Well they've slowed them to the point where they can't get out of their own way much less out of the way of cars in trouble ahead of or beside. It's like watching an air show on asphalt in formation for 500 miles bump drafting each others rears sideways. It seems to me the worst wrecks have happened with the air ducts, tapered throttle bodies and those deck lids with the Great Wall of China mounted on them. It all amounts to 40 drivers inside 40 sitting ducks.