cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Bronco's seven-speed manual will boast a low-range crawl gear

Based on photos snagged of the Bronco's interior via an anonymous source, TFL-Car is confirming that the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco will have a low-ratio "crawling" gear thanks to its seven-speed Getrag 7MTI550 manual. The leaked information backs up rumors from 2018, when we first speculated about a low-ratio gear for the upcoming 4x4's seven-speed manual. Now, it appears that Ford is reintroducing the "granny gear" to tailor the Bronco for severe off-road usage, circumstances in which low-speed torque and finesse are vital.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/2021-broncos-seven-speed-manual-will-boast-a-low-range-crawl-gear...

Replies (4)

Replies (4)

"Placed where you would normally expect to find second, the Bronco’s manual C-gear..."

Does anyone expect to find second in that spot? I would expect to find either first gear or no gear, depending on transmission configuration. I've never seen second gear doglegged to the left of first gear. Considering this is really just a 7-speed manual with an ultra-low-ratio first gear that you would normally skip, every gear is exactly where I would expect, and Ford is just labeling the gears so that people start in second gear under normal driving conditions.

Intermediate Driver

MANUAL!!!!!! 

More please!!!!

Pit Crew

Cool!  A granny gear!

Intermediate Driver

Here's hoping Ford will also offer this manual in their Pickups.

Pit Crew