cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Hagerty Hot List: The 6 collector rides of the future

Which of today’s cars will be collectible in the future? Imagine buying the car of your choice brand-new, driving it for 100,000 miles or more, then selling it for twice what you paid. Does that sound like fiction? It’s not—if the car in question is an Acura Integra Type R, or a fourth-generation Toyota Supra Turbo, or a Porsche 911 “RS America.” Could that kind of lightning strike your next new-car purchase? There’s no way to know for sure, of course, and if your Camry TRD is the toast of Barrett-Jackson in 2060 we will have to admit that our crystal ball had a few cracks in it, but according to our team of valuation and collector experts, the five cars and one motorcycle listed below stand a strong chance of remaining desirable and worthy of respect by generations of enthusiasts to come.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/2020-hagerty-hot-list-the-6-collector-rides-of-the-future/

View Entire Topic

Interesting list I suppose, but pretty safe (unless the bike is an oddball, I don't follow bikes really). Of course people are going to low-mile pickle most of these limited run Shelbys and sell them as collectible commodities forever after. Not sure there is a story to that really.

Timewarp back to 1957 and what would you have predicted? Probably a Vette, 300, Thunderbird, top of the line Cadillacs, etc.  57 Chev weren't the best seller (Ford was) and yet 57 Bel Air became a super-aspirational vehicle that arose from the masses rather than being elite to start with (Black Widows excepting I suppose but most people didn't know about those).

My point being... nothing common for the masses made this list. I'll give you one: Hyundai Veloster type N.

50 years from now, type N could very well be the early Z car, Iroc, etc. of this 2020 era. Not a limited production elite thing  --but special, memorable and collectable but not hoarded as such when new by rich people.

Detailer