cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

20 years ago, the Noble M12 slayed the supercar dynasty

This article originally appeared on Hagerty UK; hence the across-the-pond portfolio of media outlets quoted in this retrospective article. We've sorted the spelling and provided comparative USD figures for a stateside audience. Nowadays, when a car company launches a new product, its well-oiled marketing and PR teams will embrace consumers with a veritable armory of clever promotions, slick ad campaigns, and social media initiatives.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/20-years-ago-noble-m12-supercar/
14 REPLIES 14
Joey
New Driver

This is one of my dream cars, and now a Rossion.... maybe one day will have the income to have one in the driveway.
64jeepsrt
Intermediate Driver

Love this car I would rather have one of these than a C8 corvette... LH drive though...
lweb19
Hagerty Employee

I tested one back when I was at Car and Driver. LOVED it. Super controllable. It had some weird ergonomics, but otherwise a top flight GT car.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18202004/noble-m12-gto-3r-specialty-file/
SJ
Advanced Driver

Awesome car, even today!
wsb1960tr3a
Pit Crew

I have wondered, have any of these made it into California? With our strict smog control requirements, I guess not. I would buy one if I could find one in this state. I've only seen photos of these things.
GRP_Photo
Instructor

I would bet that you will not be able to import one to the States for another five years. I doubt very much that it meets the Federal Safety Standards for importation.
erne75
Intermediate Driver

I dont think anybody will judge you if flee California to a free State. People flee communist countries like Cuba and Venezuela all the time.
MT
New Driver

yes, I have seen many of these in the SF Bay Area. That said, each year it gets more and more difficult to pass smog here as they tighten restrictions.
erne75
Intermediate Driver

This was one of the coolest cars ever. I got to see one in person back in the mid 2000's. The dude was delivering the car to its owner from the shop that installed the drivetrain. It used the v6 from the Ford Escape and twin turbos. It seems later Noble sold the production rights to Americans and they changed the name to "Rossion", da fuq?!?! That killed the car for me...
TG
Instructor

the little bit of noodling I did on the interwebs seems to indicate Noble is still a european low volume manufacturer and Rossion is/was a US importer
rdsieber
New Driver

I'm betting that you meant to write "slew" in your title, which would imply that the Noble "killed" the opposition, so to speak. "Slayed" means "to have amused," as the Noble is a beast, not to be toyed with unless you are serious and skilled.
chrlsful
Instructor

gimme the Q1 for looks (& final production).
Surprised we have grammar police here, ~50 wrds to 'correct' another. ??
JACY
Pit Crew

@ Hagerty
What is your comment suppose to mean that the Porsche 996 had become more muted than the previous 993 model??? As many will attest to the 996 is one of the best all around driving Porsches ever built ! including all the 911s built since..
Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

I have seen this and the Rossion branded version of this car. Looked good, incredible performance. I'd love to see a 2021 update of this exact car. I think this car is just such a perfect little analog high performance sports car.