cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

1971 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham: Life's a Holiday on Primrose Lane

Here I go again, writing up yet another Nimitz-class 1970s Cadillac. What can I say? I love them. In my defense, I had just written up a 1975 Monza Towne Coupe and was looking for more luxurious game.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/klockau-classics/1971-cadillac-fleetwood-sixty-special-brougha...
3 REPLIES 3
audiobycarmine
Advanced Driver

She's a real beauty! I especially like the way the vinyl roof continues down the B-pillar(?)
The fender skirts too, add to the overall impression of sleekness.
If I'd seen that ad and lived nearby I'd have been tempted too.

I had a 1970 Coupe deVille, black with a white vinyl roof and white leather interior. She turned heads well into "late middle-age".
RickN
Intermediate Driver

When Cadillacs were Cadillacs - what a beauty. Sadly, the marque has completely lost its way
ccrvtt
Pit Crew

My grandfather's last Cadillac was a 1972 Calais sedan. I remember taking it out one night in northern Wisconsin and driving it on the twisty lake country roads. The car handled remarkably well for a vehicle that weighed nearly as much as the Queen Mary and the motor provided effortless power.

In my opinion these were the last of the Great Cadillacs. Now that I am a grandfather I'm considering finding one as nice as this so that my grandson can experience what it's like to ride in the Standard of the World.