cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1968–82 Chevrolet Corvette (C3) buyers guide

The C3 Corvette lived in a turbulent era for the automotive industry, but it remained America’s flagship sports car with styling that went from 1960s radical to the fiberglass embodiment of ’70s automotive excess and cutting-edge computerized improvements. It was going to take a stunning design to be a worthy successor to the impressive 1963–67 Corvette (C2), and that’s why you might want one.

So let’s get a high level overview of every year of C3 Corvette, and highlight special editions so you’ll know which Corvette is best for you.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/1968-82-chevrolet-corvette-buyers-guide/

View Entire Topic

As the proud owner of a #'s matching 350/350  '69 Silver Convertible, with factory side pipe option car I can say that the article was well written and covered the details of the C3 series well.  The '69 had received a thorough restoration from a previous owner, very nice job.  I recently sold my first year C3'68 T-Top car after I completed a fairly good restoration to it (New paint, Stainless Steel Brake updates, re-chromed bumpers, and a totally new interior/seat covers, and all other mechanical updates that were needed.  After that rather expensive experience, I can tell you it might be better to look for a car that the previous owner has already  done the work for you (I went WAY over my initial budget for the '68 T-Top). 

The C3 cars (especially the chrome bumper cars) still turn a lot of heads and are very collectible right now.  The later C3's with the lower Horse Power engines (due to Smog and gas mileage concerns) and rubber bumpers are not quite as "hot."  But in their day they were the pinnacle of performance from the Bow Tie company.  If you are considering purchasing a C3 car, they are a good time capsule back to the early days of Corvette ownership.

Pit Crew