cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3_Lightnings
Pit Crew

First Generation SVT Lightning sport trucks

As we're inside during this cold weather I'd like to hear from other owners of these first generation SVT trucks.  I've been fortunate enough to acquire one of each color.

The first twoThe first two

The first was a Black '94 that recently has had the rust on the cab corners, front fenders, and top of the bed wheel openings repaired (however the paint has yet to be corrected on the truck) with 205K now on it.

The second purchase was a Red '95 for my wife about ten years ago that still looks like it just came off the showroom floor at 140K miles.

Under restoration 2020Under restoration 2020

Finally the third one fell into my lap about a year and four months ago being a '94 White Lightning that had been driven hard and put away very wet for way to many years.  Within the time I have had it I've almost reversed all the damage done.  The last item necessary is to freshen the paint.

Are any of you still playing with your trucks on a weekly basis?  Let's see some photos and thoughts about them.

3 REPLIES 3
Sajeev
Community Manager

Wow, this is the first time I've seen someone with all three colors of GEN I Lightnings in their collection!  I love it, thank you for sharing! 

3_Lightnings
Pit Crew

Thanks for your kind words.  I'm hoping that the community gets into a discussion on the sport trucks.  Meanwhile the '64 White Lightning will evolve into a Pace Truck that will be taken back to Indy for the next Pace Car Reunion.  The reunion was suppose to be this year again, but I've heard directly from the track saying they are holding off for this year and will try in a couple of years if necessary.  We've attended two reunions at the track the week before the race, and they treated all the Pace Car owners like royalty.  Let me know if you want a rundown of those reunions.

Sajeev
Community Manager

My daily driver is a regular cab 2011 Ranger, I woulda bought something like a GEN I Lightning if they were still made back in 2011, so thank you for bringing this discussion to the Hagerty Community. 

And yes, please give us a quick rundown, I will get this thread promoted internally because of all the valuable info its got! (and will get!)