cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ENGINE WEEK: Best Ford Vehicle for celebrating 4/27?

Community Manager

We’re having engine week at Hagerty, and for 4/27 we want to talk about your favorite Ford vehicle with a 427 cid V8 under the hood! So what say you?  A/C Cobra, Ford GT-40, Shelby Mustang, or something more...obscure? 

Since my first car was a 1965 Galaxie 500 LTD (not a hot rod with that 352 V8) I always have a soft spot for the 7-liter version: https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0515-214208/1965-ford-galaxie-500/ 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: ENGINE WEEK: Best Ford Vehicle for celebrating 4/27?

Hagerty Employee
Ford definitely had it figured out with the Galaxie back in the 60's! You could get a family sedan / convertible or a street/ strip car all on the same platform! Love seeing convertible Galaxie 500's with a big block & a 4-speed - talk about an awesome car to take a relaxing cruise with but then blow the doors off an unsuspecting modern car while jamming gears!
Highlighted

Re: ENGINE WEEK: Best Ford Vehicle for celebrating 4/27?

Advanced Driver

I love my 65. While it isn't a big block, it is a bucket seat console interior with the reclining passenger seat. When the 289 dies, I am going the 427 route but by different means, a stroked 351w. That may be a while as she only has 48,000 documented miles ( my Dad un-kniwingly bought it from.a friend of mine back home and gave the car to me)

I think the change from the buggy sprung leaf spring system to the three link with coils also made a big difference as my example stays very flat through the turns for such a big car.