cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Show us your Wedding Day Cars

Hagerty Employee

Congratulations to @DGB for getting the most likes in our Wedding Day Cars car show!

20-4386-US-EVT-2020 Digital Driveway-Newsletter-600x33811 (1).jpg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: Wedding Day Cars.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your car
  • The car's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the car’s history or significance to you

No car to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 30 July will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Wedding Day Cars

Pit Crew

We were married in 1964 in my Moms 1958 Dodge Custom Royal which got us to the church on time. Then it was off to Florida for the Honeymoon in My 1964 VW TS with its fancy two tone paint , sunroof, and blaupunk AM FM radio. We actually drove this one out west for my brothers wedding as well. It was now 1965 and the Mustang had been on my mind for a while so in October of that year I saw a new 1966 Mustang GT convertible in a dealer showroom. It was a have to have car and thank goodness my spouse agreed with me.     

64 Volkswagen TS.jpg

mustang 003.jpg

Highlighted

New Driver

Our marriage in Pebble Beach in 2013!  Jim and Susan Filice.  Susan is an Event Planner and went wonderfully crazy with it.  Pasquale Esposito sang for us and got the Italian boy in tears and laughter.  Wonderful day.

Alfa LoveAlfa LoveHeading to the weddingHeading to the weddingMioMioHaving an Event planner for a wife rocks...  No we don't live here!Having an Event planner for a wife rocks... No we don't live here!

Highlighted

New Driver

I didn't get married until the ripe old age of 51.  That was in 2006, and we left the reception in my '65 Barracuda--with open headers!  I have owned the car since 1977, when I bought it for $375, yanked the 273, 904 Torqueflite, and 7.25" rear end, and dropped in the 340 that had previously powered my '66 Valiant, along with the beefier drivetrain components from the Valiant.  It remained in that configuration until 2015, when it was disassembled to begin its “third life”. It now has an aluminum 433 cubic inch 3rd gen Hemi with Hilborn stack injection and dry sump oil system, Tremec 6-speed transmission with PPG sequential shift conversion, full frame, independent rear suspension including Hammerhead center section and differential cooler, Detroit Speed Alumaframe front suspension, Viking Berserker active suspension control, launch control, Alcon brakes, onboard fire suppression system, and a few other goodies.  It's set up for road racing, but will see a lot of street duty, with Vintage Air, sound system, etc.  The first two pictures show the car as it was when it was our wedding getaway car.  30029.jpeg30032.jpeg1-49025513573_138fbfbc79_k-M.jpgThe last picture is from the SEMA show last year.