cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Show us your Vintage Tractors

Hagerty Employee

Congratulations to @tricruiser2000 and their awesome 1950 Ford for getting the most likes in our Vintage Tractors car show!

20-4386-US-EVT-2020 Digital Driveway-Newsletter-600x338-R24.jpg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: Vintage Tractors.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your tractor
  • The tractor's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the history or significance to you

No tractor to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 15 October will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Ford tractor refirbish

New Driver

I bought this 1950's era 8n from a yard sale back in 2017 and by taking the back roads, I was able to drive it home.  It was in rough shape on the outside but ran pretty good.  A new carb and a bit of work on the hydraulics took care of most of the mechanical.  The body work took most of the next 6 weeks but was worth every minute of my time.  It's a happy looking a running friend now and I hope to have it around for a lot of years to come. NEEDING SOME LOVENEEDING SOME LOVE4 MONTHS LATER4 MONTHS LATERDAILY DRIVERDAILY DRIVER

Highlighted

Re: Show us your Vintage Tractors

New Driver

6DCD69F9-3D61-4F6A-B02F-EC643704E993.jpeg

19514B90-158B-4FA4-A3DB-D5AB041B8DFA.jpeg

 international harvester has always been a part of my family as my grandfather worked for them in Chicago from the time he returned from service in WWII until retiring in the 80's. My family is still all over the south suburbs of Chicago. My hobby is rebuilding old cars, trucks, motorcycles and tractors. I was traveling for work rebuilding cranes in Arkansas at the time I found this 1946 IH model A. The owner said they got it in the early 80's were it was found not running in a field in southern Indiana. They never got it running and it has been yard art ever since. So I bought it and towed it home to a "great surprise" for my wife haha. After a year or so of rewiring and rebuilding many parts of the tractor it's starting and running like a champ. Now it's a part of the family and puts a smile on everyone's faces when me and my 2 year old son go for rides. He is now also a big IH fan. So far I've just left it looking rough and surprising anyone seeing us driving it around in original condition.

Highlighted

New Driver

294FC662-C14C-43DA-AEE7-6B85035E93AE.jpeg

Highlighted

Ford 8-N Honda Motorcycle Engine

New Driver

This is a 1950 Ford 8-N Tractor with a Honda Valkyrie Engine. After doing several car, truck and tractor conversions I decided to do something unusual. Some of my conversions can be viewed on my website: marvinbaumann.com00Q0Q_e7uEjtogCCG_09G07g_600x450.jpgIMG_2817 - Copy (2).jpg00202_1Hyy59pQ1Sm_09G07g_600x450.jpg marvinbaumann.com  

Highlighted

New Driver

lambo-1.JPG

 1976 C603.  Still working the vineyard in Paso Robles CA 

Highlighted

New Driver
Highlighted

New Driver

I bought this 1947 Farmall A "Cultivision" from a friend's widow last year--as a reminder of him but also to make up for three tractors that my dad, under bad advice from a third party, sold prior to his death--including a 1950 Case VAC that I helped him rebuild in 1970 when I was 12.

1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Convertible; 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup truck; 1947 Farmall A1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Convertible; 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup truck; 1947 Farmall A1947 Farmall A "Cultivision"1947 Farmall A "Cultivision"1947 Farmall A rebuilt Zenith carburetor1947 Farmall A rebuilt Zenith carburetorLast spring I had the Farmall hauled to my Twin Cities' home from several hours north, where it underwent some minor work including a carburetor rebuild, oil change, and installation of a few new parts including a sediment bowl filter and gasket, battery, and seat cover. 

I then had the tractor hauled to our family farm for yard cleanup where three days later it was needed to drag my dad's burning Mustang skid-steer out of the shop. Because there were no other tractors on the farm, had I not brought it there, we would have lost the shop filled with tens of thousands of dollars worth of tools, antiques, and vintage parts. 

Highlighted

Pit Crew

1939 John Deere H. Flywheel start. Just a good old tractor.

20190615_200558.jpg

Since there wasn't any shows around here this summer I just had my own at home. Rainy River, ON.

20200816_142109.jpg

Last year at Birchdale Pioneer Days.

20190713_144752.jpg

Highlighted

Oliver Super 99

New Driver

Around here, Vintage Tractor Pulls always, ALWAYS draw an enthusiastic crowd; old/young, rich/modest, city/rural & anyone/everyone in between.  As can be expected, few competing tractors are restored.   Pics of my father-in-laws completely original 1955 Oliver Super 99 still doing what it does best; front wheels up, pulling HARD & making NOISE (nothing else sounds like a working Jimmy).   Actually ran out of track on this pull & was flagged down; the hedge wasn't going to be an obstacle.   Too bad I can't post a soundtrack........ it would only enhance the pics.2019 - Get those wheels up!.jpg2019 - LOOK AT ME!!!.jpg2019 - almost to the hedge.jpg