cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Great Two-Tone

New Driver

She's a 1955 Pontiac Star Chief.  Pretty much original with under 81,000 miles, believed to be original.  Runs and drives like a new car.  Purrs like a kitten.  Fuzzy dice came with it to me.

Img01_02-25-2016.JPG

Rear at Charleston.jpg

Tombstone Courthouse 12-09-2016.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Show us your Two Tone Cars

New Driver

IMG_3646.JPGelvis.jpg1955 Chevy 210 Chevy

I remember taken a ride with my dad an brother when I was eight years old in the car. 

An I always said I would have one of my own, now I own this 1955 chevy , that just turn 58,000 org miles.., had to put the SS cragars to give it the old school look an a dog name Elvis, you cant go wrong.

Highlighted

New Driver

My 1954 Olds Super 88 Holiday (my first classic). Stumbled on this 7 years ago, being offered at an auction within walking distance from my house. Mostly original, with 80K miles. Still have it (along with some other fun cars, now....LOL).

Colors: Glade Green over Maize Cream (rather eye-catching, IMHO).

Bye, bye!Bye, bye!Here's lookin' at ya!Here's lookin' at ya!

Highlighted

New Driver

1956 Mercury Montclair1956 Mercury Montclair13606880-1956-mercury-montclair-TOPRH-zine-engine.jpg13606897-1956-mercury-montclair-Grill.jpg13606921-1956-mercury-montclair-SRTON-zine-strgwheel.jpg13606924-1956-mercury-montclair-LH-zine-frontseat.jpg

I was JUST LOOKING on Hemmings in Dec of 2018. And this popped up. I looked everyday for a week and somewhat timidly clicked the Contact Seller button. No regrets. I've nicknamed her Showgirl because she was shown several times - even in the Grand National Roadster Show. I nearly backed out when it hit just how nice the car is because I only want a car that I can drive. And drive her I do. No regrets. She's a California Girl now living in Iowa.

Highlighted

Meet ClydeSDale, My Work Horse

New Driver

This is ClydeSDale, my 1984 Ford F250HD XLT pickup truck.  Brown and beige with white "feet" it became my work horse.  I met Clyde in 1996 when I got an 11'3" slide-in camper and needed a truck to haul it.  They seemed to use a lot of "cast iron" in the construction of that huge camper but Clyde handled it so well I only had to raise the back ~1 1/2" to level the rig on a good pad.

This is ClydeSDale.This is ClydeSDale.

Built not far from where I live at the St. Paul Ford Plant 10/83 it had 38,500 miles on it in the spring of 1996 when I bought it from a guy who had only recently bought it from a horse farm as a daily driver but couldn't afford to "feed it".  From the factory it came with the 460 V8, the C6 automatic and a set of 3.54 gears.  It also had dual tanks (38+ gallons), the big receiver hitch, a HD suspension with both the camper special and trailer towing packages, originally set up to tow horse trailers.

Hauling the 10,000# loadHauling the 10,000# load

The slide-in was soon replaced with two different fifth wheels, the last one was this 26.5RL Hitchhiker that weighed in at 10,000# rolling.  We were doing every other year trips cross country to southern Colorado then up into the mountains west of Trinidad.  Sometimes running in triple digit temperatures I added coolant and transmission temp gauges, ducted cold air intake, replaced the TT radiator with a super cooling 4 core unit, added a second transmission cooler in series and ran all synthetic fluids.  The 7.5L 460 with the stock 2 1/2" single exhaust generated so much heat it would boil the fuel in the front tank which runs parallel on the other side of the driveshaft.  The 3" system with a huge low restriction muffler solved that problem.  With this camper's extra weight came a change over to a set of 4.10LS gears.  The wind deflector was supposed to help with mileage (6-7 1/2 towing on a good day) but helped the most with stability, especially running in crosswinds across the high plains.

IMG_1421.jpg

Over the years I've also added a tilt-wheel with cruise control, the in-dash tach cluster and a bunch of other stuff including a tuned quad set of horns that sound like a railroad switcher.  It's now approaching 88,000 miles and with the sale of the fifth-wheel will be needing a new home one of these days.

Highlighted

New Driver

JPV XL 4dr 4spd 2.jpg

026.JPG

I bought this 1963 Ford Galaxie 500 XL 4-door hardtop in March of 1977 from the original owner's family in PA. It has the factory installed 390 and 4-speed. The car is unrestored and currently resides in WI. 12,596 XL 4-doors were produced in 1963.