cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Station Wagon

New Driver

IMG_0893.jpgIMG_0890.jpgIMG_0902.jpgIMG_0913.jpgIMG_0909.jpg

In 2017 when we first bought the 1956 Country Sedan, we thought we were going to do a mild restoration.  This car was similar to my first car, which was a '55 Ford wagon.  After digging in and finding tons of rust, Scott Bonowski of Hot Rods & Hobbies in Signal Hill, California helped us with a ground-up build to create this sleeper.   The foundation for this "restomod" is an Art Morrison chassis.  It is powered by a Roush 5.0L SR Coyote crate engine, Ford R70W transmission and Ford 9" rear-end.   Since it is intended to be a surf wagon, the headliner follows the tropical theme and the stainless custom racks are great for surfboards.  

Highlighted

New Driver
The best ever!
Highlighted

New Driver

FrankB_0-1599346509797.jpeg

FrankB_1-1599346672267.jpegFrankB_2-1599346764932.jpeg

Here is my 1949 Ford Custom Station (Woodie) Wagon.

I bought it in 2007 and finished restoring it with a lot of help in 2014.

It has won Early Ford V8 Club’s Dearborn Award the two times it was entered.

I have driven it about 3,000 miles over the last six years on nice days including for my daughter’s wedding.

Highlighted

My 1965 Olds Station Wagon

New Driver

I bought this 1965 Olds F-85 4-dr wagon from the original owner of the wagon, my mother, soon after I returned from a tour in Vietnam in early 1971. I took the low mileage dark green beauty to North Carolina to complete my active duty and later return to "finish my education" at Chapel Hill. The wagon quickly saw the addition of Crager 5-spoke mag wheels, '66 GTO bucket seats to replace the original bench, bright 100 watt Halogen bulbs, and Hella dual air horns. Remember the Dual 8-track & Cassette Tape Decks, or the donuts to lower springs? Had'em!

IMG_20120925_222736.jpg

Photo: 1971 New River Marine Corps Air Station, NC

Had this great wagon for about three years and regrettably sold it as needs changed... for about the same $600 I'd paid Mom.😎

Tags (1)
Highlighted

1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Ranch Wagon

New Driver

Bought sight unseen as a phone bidder at an auction in Oklahoma City 7 years ago. I had been looking for a wagon for a couple of years and when a good one becomes available you have to move fast.  I have replaced the engine, rebuilt the power steering and new power front disc and drum rear brakes. It's fun to drive and it always gets a thumbs up.On a driving trip in the UP of Michigan.On a driving trip in the UP of Michigan.

b car.jpg

Highlighted

1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Ranch Wagon

New Driver

Highlighted

Re: My 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Limited Station Wagon

New Driver

Highlighted

New Driver

1966 Pontiac Laurentian Safari

Two Mountains, Quebec, Canada

We've all seen those classified old car ads. They are the ones with little or no description and terrible photos. If you are like me, you usually skip over them in search of cars for sale with better photos and more detailed descriptions. Andre Saulnier is not like me. He saw an ad for an old blue station wagon with a vague description and terrible photos. What he found is the treasure you see here. This fantastic 1966 Pontiac Laurentian Safari is a true survivor. It might be safe to say that this might be the nicest, most original example in existence. Andre tells us more about finding this beautiful Pontiac:

004-Image.JPG

Strangely, my 1966 Pontiac Laurentian story began the day I sold another remarkable car affectionately named “Olive” by my wife. Little did we know that we would miss this rare green 1972 Plymouth Surburban Sport wagon so much. Camaro, Jeep, Challenger, Camino, nothing in the driveway could replace the feeling of driving an old wagon on a deserted back country road with my wife beside me and my 90 years old mother sitting in the back.

001-Image.jpg

Nothing, until my eyes got sight of one ugly, pixelated, blurry picture accompanying a brief description on LesPac, a local classified advertising site.

MikeMerkury_2-1599447866079.jpeg

A few emails and many months later I was standing in a not too far away driveway beside this magnificently preserved 1966 blue beauty astonished to learn that I was the only person who took the time to come and see the car since the ad was up.

MikeMerkury_3-1599447866205.jpeg

This utilitarian wagon was being sold by the son of the one and only owner. Bought to be the “backup” vehicle of the family owned grocery delivery truck, this Pontiac Laurentian was seldomly used since the delivery truck almost never broke.

MikeMerkury_4-1599447866058.jpeg

Pampered and always kept in a gigantic heated garage, this 46,000 miles all original car was driven a few times every summer on sunny Sundays.

009-Image_Small.jpg

010-Image.JPG

Price negotiation was a breeze thanks to the gentleness of the owner and my composed absence of objectivity in the face of such a discovery.

MikeMerkury_6-1599447866717.jpeg

MikeMerkury_7-1599447866233.jpeg

MikeMerkury_8-1599447866193.jpeg

The rest is now history, flatbed car transport and dropping in my driveway, neighbour's jaws dropping, wife first sight eyes popping, mother smiling in my back mirror, Friday local car & coffee with smirking onlookers, and an apple orchard fall last drive.

MikeMerkury_9-1599447866624.jpeg

MikeMerkury_10-1599447866149.jpeg

My Pontiac story is the hardened proof that even today with the millions of people scouring the internet, garage finds and barn finds are still possible to anyone paying attention to unexpired old car ads with ugly pictures and unorthodox description.

003-Image.jpg

Highlighted

New Driver

Two Mountains, Quebec, Canada

We've all seen those classified old car ads. They are the ones with little or no description and terrible photos. If you are like me, you usually skip over them in search of cars for sale with better photos and more detailed descriptions. Andre Saulnier is not like me. He saw an ad for an old blue station wagon with a vague description and terrible photos. What he found is the treasure you see here. This fantastic 1966 Pontiac Laurentian Safari is a true survivor. It might be safe to say that this might be the nicest, most original example in existence. Andre tells us more about finding this beautiful Pontiac :

004-Image.JPG

Strangely, my 1966 Pontiac Laurentian story began the day I sold another remarkable car affectionately named “Olive” by my wife. Little did we know that we would miss this rare green 1972 Plymouth Surburban Sport wagon so much. Camaro, Jeep, Challenger, Camino, nothing in the driveway could replace the feeling of driving an old wagon on a deserted back country road with my wife beside me and my 90 years old mother sitting in the back.

001-Image.jpg

Nothing, until my eyes got sight of one ugly, pixelated, blurry picture accompanying a brief description on LesPac, a local classified advertising site.

MikeMerkury_2-1599449284068.jpeg

A few emails and many months later I was standing in a not too far away driveway beside this magnificently preserved 1966 blue beauty astonished to learn that I was the only person who took the time to come and see the car since the ad was up.

MikeMerkury_3-1599449284152.jpeg

This utilitarian wagon was being sold by the son of the one and only owner. Bought to be the “backup” vehicle of the family owned grocery delivery truck, this Pontiac Laurentian was seldomly used since the delivery truck almost never broke.

MikeMerkury_4-1599449283976.jpeg

Pampered and always kept in a gigantic heated garage, this 46,000 miles all original car was driven a few times every summer on sunny Sundays.

009-Image.JPG

010-Image.JPG

Price negotiation was a breeze thanks to the gentleness of the owner and my composed absence of objectivity in the face of such a discovery.

MikeMerkury_6-1599449284180.jpeg

MikeMerkury_7-1599449283937.jpeg

MikeMerkury_8-1599449284090.jpeg

The rest is now history, flatbed car transport and dropping in my driveway, neighbour's jaws dropping, wife first sight eyes popping, mother smiling in my back mirror, Friday local car & coffee with smirking onlookers, and an apple orchard fall last drive.

MikeMerkury_9-1599449284034.jpeg

MikeMerkury_10-1599449284057.jpeg

My Poncho story is the hardened proof that even today with the millions of people scouring the internet, garage finds and barn finds are still possible to anyone paying attention to unexpired old car ads with ugly pictures and unorthodox description.

003-Image.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Show us your Station Wagon - Buick Heritage Alliance

New Driver

IMG-8858.JPGIMG-8859.JPG