New Driver
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Road Trip or Driving Tour cars

New Driver
Highlighted

New Driver

B359D242-93E9-40C5-BEB6-F5FD6D9660F3.jpeg

This is my 2005 Porsche 911.  I had wanted to own a 911 since I was a teen.  After  I sold my last motorcycle, I found this slightly used beauty.  It’s been up and down the Pacific Coast many times and it’s been been fun every time.

Highlighted

New Driver

My son found this 1999 Boxster for me in Portland, OR.  I flew out to pick it up and 2100 miles later I’m back in Illinois.  There’s just something about the whir of that flat six!NebraskaNebraskaBarry, IllinoisBarry, Illinois

Highlighted

Our 486,000 Km Road Trip Car

Intermediate Driver

Postcard from Alaska.JPG

My wife and I have been enjoying our road trips throughout the US and Canada in our 86  Mustang GT since 1992. We have been to every Canadian province and territory and every US state accessible by road. Only Hawaii and Nunavut have been missed so far due to rather wet (or non-existent) road conditions between here and there.

Although the picture above was taken on the Charlotte Motor Speedway in 1995, we made it into a postcard which we sent to all of our friends from Anchorage Alaska when we added our 49th US state to our list of road trips in this car. 

Since our initial road trip in 92, we have been upgrading and maintaining our Mustang to keep it as reliable as possible so that we are totally confident in taking it anywhere. With almost a half million kilometres on the clock, it has only given us two problems on the road that delayed our progress. One was a dead alternator and the other a distributor pick-up coil. Neither problem has shaken our confidence in going anywhere with our Grand Touring Mustang. 

Highlighted

New Driver

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

We really have two "Road Trip & Tour Cars" depending on the event...

If it's just my wife and I and some fun twisty tarmac, we take our 1993 Acura NSX...

Although many consider a great super car in its day - it really makes for a great touring car!!! Especially with the fitted luggage we acquired for her!!! 

She was a BLAST on the Tail Of The Dragon a year ago, October!!!

If another couple is involved we opt for "Mame", our 1976 Caddy Seville we inherited from my Grandmother...

I helped her pick it out when she bought it new in July 1975 - so we're only the second owners!!!

My Grandmother was very much like "Auntie Mame", hence the Caddy's acquired nickname!!!

Highlighted

New Driver

Limo 2019.jpeg

Two suggestions for a Road Trip/Driving Tour car: 1) Just about any contemporary Crew Cab pickup truck (lots of room, huge "trunk" for cooler and luggage, air/cruise/tilt/sound).  2) "Marge", my 2000 Cadillac DeVille 6-door limo (comfy, AM/FM/cassette, seats 9 and unique, Large Marge is in charge). 

Highlighted

New Driver

DSCN3279.JPGDSCN3294.JPGDSCN3383.JPGHad just a wonderful trip in our Model A Fords ( about 5 of us) from Johannesburg to the  province of Free State in South Africa ( about a 6 hour trip) to attend the Sandstone Steam Engine festival. The biggest private collection of steam engines in the Southern Hemisphere. Spent 3 days ferrying visitors, in our Rumble Seats from the old central train station to the awaiting airplanes ( Tiger Moths, Chipmunks and Harvards) where the visitors went for a spin in the 'planes. Met people from all over the world, as the event is quite special. I think they had about 20 trains running with drivers and crew from New Zealand, Canada, USA, Argentina, England, Scotland etc. Most memorable trip. Regards to all and what a great service you give at Hagerty, almost as good as the service we gave to visitors in our Rumble Seats! Cheers, Aubrey ( Mine is the Blue, Model A Deluxe Roadster, attached).

Highlighted

Community Manager

My goodness that sounds like a fun event and it looks like you had a great time!  Thank you so much for sharing, it's wonderful to see car enthusiasts sharing their stories, especially ones from outside of North America!