cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Show us your Restored Cars

Congratulations to @larryra and their awesome 1953 Studebaker
for getting the most likes in our Restored car show!

20-4386-US-EVT-2020 Digital Driveway-Newsletter-600x338-R221.jpg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: Restored Cars.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your car
  • The car's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the car’s history or significance to you

No car to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 19 November will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

27 REPLIES 27
Hagerty Fan
Not applicable

1939 ford coupe deluxe.owned since 1985.purchased from know ville tenn.restore over period of 10 years.warren mi.

Hagerty Fan
Not applicable

20201115_074810.jpg

20190407_095227_51046268626619.jpg

20190407_095306_47927600205153.jpg

20170716_171145.jpg

 1939 ford coupe dlx.owned 35 years.knoxville car.15 year slow restore.still runs a flathead.warren mi

New Driver

L79 327cid/350hp

4spd Close Ration Muncie

3:55 Positraction Differential

Factory A/C, PB, PW

Telescopic Steering Column

Speed Minder Speedometer

Late 2014 when I pulled this 1967 Coupe into my garage

Late 2014 when I pulled this 1967 Coupe into my garageLate 2014 when I pulled this 1967 Coupe into my garage

L79 327cid/350hp (Rebuilt)

5spd Close Ration (Silver Sport Transmission)

3:55 Positraction Differential

Factory PS, PB, PW

Vintage Air A/C

Telescopic Steering Column

Speed Minder Speedometer

Indy U101 Mags w/BFG 235-60R15 T/A Radials

Leather Seats

Early 2020 after getting it licensed for the road

Frt_Drv.jpgBackyard.jpg

Built to drive.

New Driver

We bought this 1938 Jaguar 1.5 litre Saloon in 1985 and 35 years later it is still a work in progress.  It was barely running at the time and our intention was to restore it but after looking at how difficult and expensive it would be to get parts in the USA we quickly decided against that.  A friend took be to a Street Rod car show and after looking at the cars and meeting the owners we decided that was definitely the way to go.  It now has a Chevy V-6, Automatic, A/C, Mustang II front end, Comet rear end - everything needed to comfortably cruise 70 mph on the highway.  1985 and the Jag is now a part of our family1985 and the Jag is now a part of our familyAt Masterpiece Street Rods getting all new mechanicals.At Masterpiece Street Rods getting all new mechanicals.A great running, modern on the inside, original on the outside car.A great running, modern on the inside, original on the outside car.beep, beep!beep, beep!

New Driver

In High School. Note the Gremlin!In High School. Note the Gremlin!Mustang1.jpgMustang6.jpgMustang3.jpgIMG_2336.JPGLiving in MarylandLiving in Maryland

This 1970 Ford Mustang Convertible built in Dearborn, Michigan was purchased used by my dad around 1975 for around $1200. He drove it, my older sister, my younger sister and I all drove it in High School. Luckily, it survived!

I took my driving test in it on my 16th birthday!

Fast forward to the early 1990’s and the car had been sitting outside my parent’s house the whole time and then Hurricane Andrew blew through Miami with the eye about a mile or so south of where the car was. It was pretty badly damaged and there was a lot of debris in the car. 

I made a deal with my dad and took the car to Texas with me when we left Miami the following year. The car spent about four years in various states of rebuild and repair. See pics. As far as cost to restore, I really can’t say but my wife can probably tell you to the penny. I will tell you that it is all original Ford metal from several salvage yards and I did buy a wreck and used those parts including the center console and the front disk brakes. There is no lead or bondo anywhere in this car!

It is not all stock nor was I trying to have it be. It has an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold, an Edelbrock 1406 4-barrel carburetor and a Pertronix electronic ignition system. The car delivered new with the factory in-dash AC. It is still installed but I never use it. My philosophy is: If it isn’t nice enough to drive with the top down, I don’t drive it.

New Driver

My car is a 1964 TR4 which is my first car and recently restored car. I purchased it brand new from Car International while in the USMC in Okinawa for $2534 cash. I was a helicopter crew chief and gunner at the time seeing action in Vietnam and the Bay of Tonkin Incident. Like many servicemen at the time, it gave me time to dream into of what was to come following this difficult tour. It was delivered to Long Beach, Cal. for my triumphant drive home following my discharge. A shipping strike cause it to arrive late and I had to fly back out to pick it up. The first trip took me all the way up Route 66 to St Louis and then on to Lafayette, In. I started the Spring Semester at Purdue University as a 22 year old Freshman, combat Marine, and a brand new red, Triumph TR4. I drove it actively until 1973 when it became parked in the garage till 2019 and my wife said please do something with that car. A small body shop in Reese, Mi. agreed to fix it up and by the time we got done it had 4 new fenders, complete front suspension rebuild, new lights interior, and combination of new chrome parts and plating. It looks better than when I picked it up. A couple weeks ago I got my old friend back and the same excitement is still there.

The first picture is a younger owner picking it up Calif, next is it in the body shop striped down with the new fenders, and the last in my new/old ride. Picking up in Calif new in 1964Picking up in Calif new in 1964Stripped down for rebuildStripped down for rebuildP1060712.JPGFinished productFinished productOriginal Plate that came with carOriginal Plate that came with carNew plate for driving in this StateNew plate for driving in this State

New Driver

1945 Ford F1 PickupDSC_0010.JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0007.JPGDSC_0009.JPGIMG_1719.JPGIMG_1723.JPGIMG_1819.JPGIMG_1823.JPGIMG_1820.JPGIMG_2675.JPG

New Driver

Thanks!  There were some terrific projects in the contest.

Larry