cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Red, White or Blue Cars

Pit Crew

Vettes.jpg

Looks to be a lot of Corvette fans on here, and although I no longer have one, I just stumbled across an old pic of two that I had in the past and they are red, and in a sea of red! And since we have no Independence Day celebrations anymore just outside of the new Country of CHOP, this virtual show is the closest this old man will get!

The 68’ is an L68 427 400 hp Tri-Power with a 4 speed. I had sold it to a friend at this point. The 62’ was still mine and had a 327 (331) that I over did a bit, but all with period correct parts, like the huge Chet Herbert solid roller cam. It put out 501 hp on the Desktop Dyno and felt like it, but the drivability was horrible. Hence the baby Comp Thumper in our Tiger. Like the porridge, “just right”!

The red boat (and semi) was Reggie Fountain’s old 47' race boat. I was lucky enough to ride in it twice, once with triple 1400 hp Gentry twin turbo’ed motors, and once after it was “pleasurized” with “only” triple 1000 hp Mercs.

Happy 4th, I hope you still have celebrations where you are!

Highlighted

New Driver
Lucky you! It's fabulous
Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

Am I doing this right? Wrenches yes...Computers not so much... The only blue will be the oval.IMGP0065.JPGIMGP0064.JPGIMGP0063.JPGIMGP0062.JPGIMGP0061.JPG

Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

What a lucky guy!!!! A true jewel. I knew of only one when I was just a boy. Swore I would own one some day......That day aint here yet. Run it and enjoy it. Good luck and stay safe.

Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

My bad man..I replied to my own post. I meant to send it to you and your beautiful Polara 500. What a great car. I've only saw one in person way back in the day. You're a lucky guy!!

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee
Hey Jonz... beautiful Falcon! Dad has a really nice 1963 1/2 Ranchero with the 260v8, I put many miles on it before I got my own cars. The Polara is certainly a unique piece, it’s not something you ever see at a show, I always say it’s kind of odd, and a a little odd looking just like the current owner! Haha

Intermediate Driver

Thanks for the reply man, Still not sure I'm doin this right. Tried to reply to you just a few minutes ago but musta hit the wrong button! I love the 63 models more than any of the Falcons. Restored one (Sprint) for my youngest son until he showed his A-- in it. Took it away and got him a truck to finish trashing. Gonna try to post you a pic of my wifes 63 Convert. Hope it works. Your Dad is a lucky guy also. I'm lookin for one of those Rancheros now. Who knows........at 66 yrs now my options are runnin out. However I would cherish it. Stay in touch and stay safe!his-hers.JPG

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee

@jonZ   absolutely gorgeous cars!!!  I agree, the 63's are the prettiest of the bunch, we tried to but a sprint 10 years or more ago but lost out on the deal. We've had the ranchero since the late 90's it was a pretty nice Arizona car when we got it, But we have had it completely apart for body and paint, suspension rebuild, vintage air, new interior, etc. etc. .... its a really really nice taint! Dad call's it his Taint, because it taint a car and it taint a truck!  haha  

If your really looking for one, its coming up for sale. Dad turned 74 last month and has decided to pare down his collection. I'll send you a private message.falcon.jpg

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

Technically not a car but it's blue.20190704_182118.jpg

Highlighted

1968 Camaro Convertible

Pit Crew

Odd MainOdd Main

ArboretumArboretum

127,000 miles127,000 miles

OriginalOriginal