cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Red, White or Blue Cars

Pit Crew

Droid Misc 182.jpg

This is our 87’ Chevy V10 (one year only) truck. When I decided I wanted one in early 88’ there was only one red new one (actually a demo with 8K miles) left in the NW, and it was in Eugene OR. We drove from just outside the new country of CHOP with an offer I had set my mind on. They didn’t take it, so I told them where we would be staying (no cell phones yet) and really expected them to call, they didn’t. This had worked for me with motorcycles in the past. So while in the hotel I was looking through newspapers and ran across another red one that sounded exactly the same, even the 8K miles, but had a 4” lift kit, and 35” tires (just what I had planned to do anyhow!), and it was on the way home in Oregon City. The rest is history, and still have it today nearly 33 years later with (going on) 100K more miles. Out of all the junk I have owned, I think this old truck has received the most attention.

Highlighted

Pit Crew

148.JPGDroid 10-6-16 295.jpg

This is our (early) 93’ Dodge Viper. I purchased it in 2004’. I am the 3rd owner, the previous owner was an ex Top Fuel drag boat racer and wanted to get back into racing, but his boss (aka wife) said he had to sell something. The original owner worked for Shelby. It had only 5800 miles on it, and had dealer installed AC (one of only 20 I believe). I added a Roe Racing supercharger with meth/water injection. It now has a ton of miles, nearly 9K! lol I picked it up just N of SF and drove it home up the coast (even through a Redwood) with a friend to just outside the new country of CHOP. Funny story, we got to the CA coast and couldn’t find a cabin (like there are in WA) nor hotel, they all were booked! Come to find out it was Valentines weekend and also Presidents day weekend! We found one hotel that didn’t have a No Vacancy sign. I asked if their sign was burned out or if they might actually have a room. They had one, but it was the Honeymoon Suite. I said, I don’t care we will take it as I was tired, and tired of driving around in circles. So there we were, two old dudes on Valentines weekend in the Honeymoon Suite (with a hot tub), in a Viper that still had the CA custom license plate that said OLDOODS! WTF?! lol

Highlighted

Pit Crew

486.JPG490.JPG

1A29E7D7-66FE-464A-8428-21A62D5805C7.jpeg

This is our 65’ Sunbeam Tiger. I purchased it in 2018 after retiring and selling our 27’ Eliminator Daytona of a quarter century. My childhood friend had a Tiger when we were kids and still has it. He came by in it and I said I should have bought one when they were affordable. He said you can still find them and turned me on to a couple. This one was probably the cheapest in the country at the time, but for some good reasons. The biggest was someone had put a C4 auto in it. I used to be a Corvette fan and have had six. I think what drew me to this Tiger was it reminded me of my old red and white 61’ that also had dual quads. Sandy (aka “Hank Kimball”) of gtsparkplugs gave me a good deal on a brand new aluminum David Kee Toploader and Hurst linkage (when he decided to go with a Jerico in his race Tiger), and polishing the turd began. I was ready to paint the stripes silver, but fell in love with the red, white, and blue (engine). The engine is a 68’ 302 (308) and I recently added a baby Comp Thumper cam, and some NOS Sanderson headers that I had Jet-Hot coated. It’s still the slowest car I own, but the funnest! We are just outside the new country of CHOP.

Highlighted

1965 396 and 1986

New Driver

DSC00671.JPGDSC00894.JPG

Highlighted

Re: 1965 396 and 1986

New Driver

I posted my red 1965 396 convertible with my 1986 Indy Pace car edition. I forgot my 1980 Corvette with the oyster interior for my white contribution.DSC00891.JPG

Highlighted

Re: 1965 396 and 1986

Community Manager

I am such a sucker for 80-82 Corvettes with the two tone paint scheme! 

Highlighted

Pit Crew

IMG_20200203_135927_01.jpg

Pit Crew

IMG_20200429_090332_01.jpg

Highlighted

Pit Crew

IMG_20200429_090330_01.jpg

Highlighted