cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Show us your Motorcycles

Congratulations to @broughsuperior and their awesome 1936 BroughSuperior SS80 for getting the most likes in our Motorcycles car show.

20-4386-US-EVT-2020 Digital Driveway-Newsletter-600x338-R26.jpg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme:  Motorcycles.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your ride
  • The bike's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the bike's history or significance to you

No bike to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 29 October will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

65 REPLIES 65
Pit Crew

The Mach III was a little scary.  I bought a new one when I was 18. The red one. These were basically race-tuned. They would come on the pipe at around 5,000 rpm and usually the front wheel would come up. Weight biased too far rearward and engine high to get the side cases away from the pavement. I think they built in a hinge in the middle of the bike.

Pit Crew

Looks like new!

New Driver

1970 Honda 350 SL Motorsport1970 Honda 350 SL Motorsport

New Driver

Me and Dan Gurney with Alligator #15Me and Dan Gurney with Alligator #15Dan Gurney, designer and builder of the Alligator and Me with #15 of 36 bikes made

New Driver

1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 8001995 Kawasaki Vulcan 8002006 Suzuki VSTROM 10002006 Suzuki VSTROM 10001995 Kawasaki Vulcan 8001995 Kawasaki Vulcan 800

New Driver

1975  1975197520202020

2020 A work in progress I think you could say.  Still need a few more parts

New Driver

Here's my ride, a 1985 BMW R800, now 1000CC. Purchased new and always a pleasure to ride. On a ride with some mates.On a ride with some mates.In the houseIn the houseIn the house.In the house.1988, the reason I built the outfit.1988, the reason I built the outfit.

New Driver

1951 and 1953 Harley Davidsons.  Complete, nut and bolt restored with less than 1 mile on Speedo.   They are used as garage art and receive many favorable comments.

White bike is 1951 Harley Davidson. Yellow bike is 1953 Harley Davidson.White bike is 1951 Harley Davidson. Yellow bike is 1953 Harley Davidson.

New Driver

DSCF0002 (1).jpg

 this was made for the manatoba police back in the day . All the controls are opposite . Its a 1 of 2 bike now as far as we know

Pit Crew

2013 Honda CB11002013 Honda CB11002013 Honda CB11002013 Honda CB1100

Here is my one and only motorcycle these days as seen earlier this year here in Portland, Oregon: my 2013 Honda CB1100. Before I began working from home a couple of years ago my CB1100 was my primary commuting vehicle year-round and it performed that task wonderfully. When riding for pleasure I prefer scenic local backroads over crowded highways. But this machine does it all with relative ease, living up to the "Universal Japanese Motorcycle" (UJM) moniker of the "standard" forebearers that it honors. This motorcycle truly fits my needs perfectly.

The CB1100 was Honda's way of celebrating their heritage along with the significance that the CB line of motorcycles played in their history. Honda originally designed the CB1100 for the Japanese market with no intentions of bringing this motorcycle to North America. It was released in Japan (as well as Australia) in 2010 where it immediately became the top-seller in it class. Honda finally succumbed to the requests of American Honda dealers to bring this machine to the States in 2013, but the CB1100 would never enjoy the sort of enthusiasm over here that it was met with in Japan. It wasn't an inexpensive motorcycle to begin with (relatively speaking), even in Japan, nor was it intended to be.

The mission of the CB1100 was to provide a true retro riding experience — not just to apply some retro-styling to a modern design. Yet that experience was to be combined with a few modern benefits such as fuel injection and powerful brakes. The mill found in the CB1100 represented Honda's first all-new air-cooled engine design in more than two decades. That engine was tuned for a wide, flat power band with ample amounts of torque from down low in the RPM range. The 18" wheels sporting fairly skinny tires (by today's standards) add to the effect, also helping to keep the bike nimble despite it's weight. Not that it's a large motorcycle as it's actually fairly compact for a liter bike. The bike was designed with a number of past CB models in mind rather than trying to replicate the looks of any one specific model. (I only wish that Honda had stuck with the 4-into-1 header design of the concept bike as it mimicked the awesome header design of the 1975-1977 CB400F.)

Honda has made numerous changes to the CB1100 over the years since it's introduction and are still producing these bikes even though they are no longer selling them here in the States. I personally remain the most fond of the original examples like my 2013 model. The looks were a big part of the draw for me and Honda got it just right from the start given my preferences. I actually placed the deposit on my bike back in 2012 literally within just a few hours of Honda's announcement that they would be bringing the CB1100 to North America.

Sorry @mlfreeman , I guess that wasn't exactly a short writeup. It likely won't come as a surprise that I was passionate enough about the CB1100 that I started a forum dedicated to the bike (cb1100forum.com) right after taking delivery of mine. It is such a pleasure to ride and to own that I'll surely own this motorcycle until my riding days are done and even then I imagine that I'll be reluctant to let it go. Thanks for letting me share.