cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Hot Rods

Community Manager

Wow, you got the skills and all the cool tools to make it happen too! 

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

Sajeev

Can't take credit for the machining, it was done by a friend who is a machinist by trade.

I have some very talented friends.

I will be spending a week working on his project, in order to repay him for several projects, he has helped me on.

Payback is a bit&$

Nitro

Highlighted

Community Manager

The problem with my friends is they never give me a price for how much they feel their work is worth. So I usually pay more than whatever a little googling will tell me. That said, one time I payed an extra $100 to a guy for installing a limited slip, and turns out I overpaid since he had no clue what he was doing. 

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

Sajeev

The problem I run into, is he says, "I can make that", then because he is a perfectionist, he spends 3 days making something, that ebay has for 80 Bucks, and won't accept any money. I feel guilty taking time away from his project.

That is why I am taking a week off and working on his stuff.

The issue with 80 buck ebay crap, is just that, 1/2 of the time its not good stuff, plus when we open the hood, I can say hey I designed that and my buddy made it.

Pretty cool street cred if you ask me.

Nitro

Highlighted

Community Manager

Agreed 100%! 

Highlighted

Instructor

My grandpa had a '66 C-10. It ended up sitting at the farm for a few years, then behind their house once they moved into town after retiring. I drove by one day and thought to myself,"Man that thing would look great fixed up." I drug my feet. 2 months later, I stopped by to see if grandpa would sell it to me and it was already gone. $75. The thing is, the guy sprayed wd40 in the cylinders waited, spun the truck by hand a few times, changed the oil, filled the tank after draining it, installed new points, and drove it onto the trailer. No idea what happened to it after that. That was 27 yrs. ago. It too was a long wheel base 283. 

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

Guitar74,

Unfortunately after living in Africa for 3 generations, when I left, I left all the possibility of getting Grandad's or Dad's (ANYTHING) behind.

But cool story, wish you had a time machine and $75 bucks, I bet?

Nitro.

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

20201009_181706.jpg

 looks like a little tweaking and we are good to go.

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

20201009_181614.jpg

20201009_181609.jpg

 some more pics

Highlighted

Advanced Driver

Al is cut.

19845.jpeg

 Nitro