cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Show us your Hot Rods

Community Manager

Congratulations to @JHynes and their awesome 1931 Model Ford for getting the most likes in our Hot Rods show!

WmULFboEFW9eY_-k2cwLtX9rPtsmekrjKrZQrjsBbcc.jpeg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: Hot Rods.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your car
  • The car's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the car’s history or significance to you

No car to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 4 June will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Re: Show us your Hot Rods

New Driver

B893DAAD-305C-4C54-A3F8-D6AB710B7E91.jpeg

  Lou & Linda’s 27 Ford Woody in front of Fords Garage at Margaritaville in Kissimmee  Fl

Highlighted

New Driver

'31 A'31 A'31 A'31 ATombstoneTombstoneBonneville Salt FlatsBonneville Salt FlatsLife time dream come trueLife time dream come true

This is my 1931 Model Ford.  I jokingly call it it a '31.5 as it has a bobbed '32 frame, '32 grille, '32 cowl vent and '32 dash panel.

I'm a Brit living in the U.S. for 25+ years now.  I stumbled upon Hot Rod and Rod and Custom magazines when a teen, and so was corrupted to the ways of V8s and too much horsepower from an early age.

Though I've had old cars my whole life, from my first car, a 1961 Riley One Point Five (straight into restorations, insane) to my current garage (and, um, driveway) full of problems, I mean joys, it took me until my 50th birthday to get a real, pre-49 hot rod.

I  did not build it, I do not have the skills.  It was pro-built by Jim Schrader out of Missouri. I bought it at the L.A. Roadster Show in 2013, which added to the dream come true aspect aspect of it all.

Two dreams in one, own a hot rod and drive that car to the Bonneville Salt Flats.  It was a momentous year, 2014, 100th anniversary at Bonneville, I had a hot rod, my brother flew in and we drove from Phoenix to Bonneville in the A... and the whole thing got rained out.

It put a dent in the fantasy but only a small dent, the trip was fantastic, the car was faultless and the memories for ever.

Seven years later and 5000 miles later (1600 of those on the Bonneville trip) I still love the car.  It is, for me, a pull up a chair, crack a beer and just sit and look at it car.  I cannot see ever selling it.

Thanks for doing this "Show Us Your Hot Rods" event, a great idea.

Julian Hynes

Highlighted

New Driver

Nice looking ride, Julian.

Phil in TX

Highlighted

New Driver

Great Trip to Bonneville. Don't worry about getting rained out. It's not unusual. Great hot rod. Thanks. Rich

Highlighted

New Driver

don;s car_LI (3).jpgInked0243a8b9-609a-47cf-be07-0bbc0be2bc0c_LI.jpg

1951 Meteor Deluxe, 2 door coupe. Built by my late father, Don Grasley. For sale to serious buyer. Stoney Creek, Ontario. Car appraised at $16,000, asking best offer.

Highlighted

New Driver
Highlighted

New Driver

1963 Pontiac Lemans convertible.326 V8 Auto Trans326 V8 Auto Trans

Highlighted

New Driver

1969 Chevy Camaro SS

Hinesville Georgia (Home of the 3ID Fort Stewart Georgia)

I purchased this 1969 Camaro in September of 2008 becoming the third owner and it needed an extensive restoration, which was completed May 2010. All the sheet metal had to be replaced with the exception of the roof.

The 350 small-block and 700R4 transmission was the icing on the cake with 400 horsepower. Coupled to the new a 704R Automatic Transmission, 650 Holley CFM E/choke, 350 Chevy Block, Gm 350 Crankshaft. Performance Connecting Rods.9.5:1 Compression Pistons. Speed Pro Moly Rings. Melling 3 Piece Timing Set, Melling High Pressure Oil Pump. Muscle Car Camshaft , Edelbrock  Performer RPM Heads with 64cc Chambers New 2.02″ Intake Valves.

New 1.60″ Exhaust Valves , MSD 6AL Ignition with built in limiter, MSD Pro billet distributor, 3:73 posi-traction rear end, Flow-master American Thunder stainless steel dual exhaust and stainless steel gas tank.

I am retired from the Army with combat tours in Gulf War, Iraq and Afghanistan.

The car will mainly be a show car and daily driver no trailer Queen

This car is not only a way of life for him, but his family as well. Especially for his grandchildren, to get them involved in cars and to demonstrate to them that there is more to life than video games. 

back.jpgEngine.jpgfront.jpgsi.jpgside.jpg

Highlighted

1931 Ford Model A Pickup 4WD

New Driver

The truck started out with a custom frame that I built.  The Model A body needed a flat frame to set on and the CJ7 suspension needed a humped frame to hang from.  By keeping the Model A wheelbase, I only had to modify the firewall for engine clearance and the front fenders for power steering line clearance.  It also made the ride smoother than what the CJ7's offered.  The sheet metal is from a year-end 1931 closed cab metal roof pickup.  I used a 1994 Jimmy as a donor car from which I took the 4.3 V6 engine, 4L60E transmission, steering column, computer and anything else I could use.  I used a 1986 CJ7 from which I took the springs, axles, steering box, transfer case(using a Novac adapter), drive shafts(lengthened as needed), and gas tank.  I had to relocate the axles beneath the springs in order to gain front drive shaft clearance.  The rally wheels are from a Scout, trimmed with stainless steel trim rings, and 1928-9 Model A hubcaps added to the Scout hubcaps to clear the CJ7 dust covers.  My plan was to build the truck, work out the "bugs", then disassemble it for final painting and detailing. Back in the early 1980's, I built a 1931 Ford Model A Sedan Delivery 4WD, but it turned out so nice that I was hesitant to drive it. So for now, I will leave it in the black epoxy primer and drive it as is.  I am DeVon Williamson of Byron, GA. IMG_5385.jpg