cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 1968 Camaro

Pit Crew

I bought this "68 Camaro while in Graduate School (1979)Original InteriorOriginal InteriorOld Main - Penn StateOld Main - Penn StateSchwab Auditorium - Penn StateSchwab Auditorium - Penn State327/210327/210. Had to work 2 part-time jobs to pay for it.

All original, numbers matching, 327cu/210hp with 2-speed powerglide. No work on power train. Penn State CampusPenn State CampusPenn State Homecoming; Lead CarPenn State Homecoming; Lead CarSummer 2020Summer 2020"Lions Den""Lions Den"Great machine.

Highlighted

Re: Show us your Convertibles

Pit Crew

My love of convertibles started as a kid growing up in Iowa, riding in my Dad's 1956 Cadillac Series 62 convertible, it was a fantastic car! He would have the top down whenever he could, but the best rides were in the early evening in the summer, after the steamy Iowa day had cooled down some. We would drive through neighborhoods, where you would occasionally catch whiffs of different family dinners cooking. The roads along the Cedar River were always a nice route to take, where the temperature would drop a little more and the air would be a little fresher. And when we ended up at one of the local ice cream shops, it was always a great treat!

Of course, Dad's love of convertibles passed on to me, and the first car I bought was an MG Midget, followed by a 71 Corvette convertible. With two kids, more practical cars followed, but I finally was able to find my dream car, a 57 Corvette. It had been a drag car and was in pieces and about half there, but my plan was to restore it back to original. After about 30 years in my garage with no real progress, my brother-in-law offered to do it for me at his shop in Florida. 5 years ago, it came back perfect, is a blast to drive, and even though it has both soft and hard tops, they are seldom up.

So, even with owning the (undriveable) 57, I still was not driving a convertible for way too long. Then, a year after Dad passed away, I found a 2000 Torch Red Corvette convertible, it was 6 years old, but looked better than new. I only wish I could have taken Dad for a ride in it, I know he would have loved it. And the top is down almost all of the time!

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

Highlighted

Pit Crew

053CC323-EE1D-4D86-A0BF-AF4BAF2325AE.jpeg

7A1EB4EE-CA54-45BD-9E95-BFD010ED8D3A.jpeg

C0FD922D-FFE6-49B0-B36D-99DBB85F93B3.jpeg

No better way to enjoy Summertime!

Highlighted

Pit Crew

2012 BMW 128i.

MJ2012BMW128iconv.jpg

Highlighted

New Driver

012.JPG

Almost all my cars have been sports cars, but only two were convertibles. A 1977 Triumph Spitfire I bought used in 1979, and this, my 2003 Mazda Miata MX-5. Her name is "Matchbox", and as all Miata owners know, these cars are the most fun anyone can have doing the speed limit (or just slightly above 😊).

014.JPG

Living in the Upstate of South Carolina and only a 1 1/2 hour drive from The BRP and the mountain roads these cars are made for, Matchbox couldn't be happier; and her owners too!

Highlighted

New Driver
Triumph. Such an iconic badge. Had a chance to get a TR6 back in the late 70's from my uncle. Then my cousin wrapped it around a tree. Sad. Bought a used 1977 Spitfire in '79. Loved that car! Kept it for four years with no issues if you can believe that. Even drove it too Fla. Your TR is a beauty!