cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Show us your British cars

New Driver

I'm fortunate to own 2 interesting British cars.

The 1970 Lotus Europa S2 I purchased a couple years ago. I've wanted a Europa since I first saw one in 1972 and finally bought a clean one that's very original. What a fun drive. The Europa is my daily driver most of the year. It's not a trailer queen!

The 1967 MGB GT was purchased new in California by my father in January 1968. The car was his daily driver until he sadly passed away 15 years ago. After spending 12 years at my mom's house and later in my barn I decided that the car needed to stay in the family for memories sake. I spent the past few years restoring it and it will be on the road again later this week.

Both cars live on Vancouver Island.

KO_C54252.JPGKO_C46709.JPGKO_C48695.JPGKO_C02931.JPGKO_C59539.JPG

Highlighted

New Driver

672A6EA3-6B74-4530-97FF-0010FA948E47.jpegEE2A4C84-70B9-464A-9D81-29C82FD9F01E.jpeg6BC61566-273B-43A5-A07B-EBC58643DE9D.jpeg1980 Triumph TR8.  I bought this car in the fall of 2019.  I am the fourth owner.  Owner 1 is unknown.  Owners 2 and 3 clearly loved this car and took meticulous care of it.  Everywhere I go, people see this car and smile and ask about it and admire it.  It is old and rare (approximately 2,600 made over two years), and unlike anything produced today.  A bit quirky, somewhat awkward, often grumbly, not a work of precision.  It has a charm and character that only comes with age and having been around the block a time or two.  

Highlighted

New Driver

DSC_0846.JPG

P1010035.JPGLoisK63ETypeEngine.JPGLoisK63ETypeInt.jpgLoisK63ETypeExt.JPGWilsonCynDrtive14.JPGJagColorSanding1997.jpgJagEngineApril1983.jpg

JagInterior1995.jpg

(man.1962 reg. 1963) Jaguar E-Type living in Northern Nevada

One night, sometime in 1983, I had a very vivid dream about a Jaguar E-type. A number of weeks later, a friend told me of a dilapidated E-Type he saw in a storage yard. Since I was hopelessly infatuated with this model, I just had to go look for myself. When I arrived at the storage yard, I was utterly dumb-struck as I found myself face-to-face with the same car I had dreamt of. Not LIKE the car in the dream; it WAS the car from the dream… and it was in the same place as it was in the dream. Upon seeing it, I knew we were meant to be together. Even though I had pretty much no money and very little mechanics knowledge (everything I knew up to that point was straight from John Muir’s “How to keep your Volkswagen Alive for the Compleat Idiot”), I was able to make many, many small payments on it and learned how “wrench”. Over the years, working on this car kept me so focused that I did not wander down the many dangerous paths that life was tempting me with. In 2014, this pretty little “E” got herself selected to be in the Top 25 of the Barrett-Jackson Cup at the Hot August Nights event in Reno NV. Go figure, a little, foreign car in an ocean of American steel. 37 years and I still get goosebumps and a huge grin just looking at her. During this hard time we are all going through right now, the garage is a soul-restoring shot in the arm!

Highlighted

New Driver

Just out of high school in Vancouver, Canada in 1977 I became the third caretaker of this 1967 Series V Sunbeam Alpine, purchased for $850 from its previous owner who had run it out of oil. After rebuilding the engine it was my daily driver for almost 10 years, also while dating my wife-to-be. Shortly after we were married I took it off the road, joking I had to know if she only married me for my car. The Sunbeam languished in various garages for many years, but I could never bring myself to part with it. I acquired a L.A.T. 79 hood, roll bar, factory hardtop and a few other bits along the way and in 2006 restored it in its original Code 109 Orchid Green colour. My wife died a few years ago, but I still drive the Alpine on sunny summer days and enjoy the many fond memories that go with it.

Alpine5.JPGAlpine1.JPGAlpine2.JPG

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee
Excellent! And hats off to you for having a Europa as a daily driver. I’d say that’s brave, but the cars really do best when driven often.
Highlighted

Hagerty Employee
Thanks- there can’t be many around painted the darker burgundy/white- lots of red/white cars (and fakes). This one has a vague history from new, but was an east coast car around the 80’s and 90’s. It will get a few bolt on modifications mainly for durability sake, but will attempt to keep it as true to original as possible.
Highlighted

New Driver

I am caretaker of a 1965 Sunbeam Alpine that was build by a co-worker for his wife completing the build in 2002.

I purchased the car in 2014 with accumulated mileage at that time of around 2500 miles.

The car has a Ford 2.3 liter 4 cyl. (with Holly 390 CFM) from a 1985 Mustang II paired with a C3 Automatic transmission and a Ford positraction rearend that was narrowed.

Custom interior with leather seats (from Pontiac Fiero) and new Autometer gauges.

I have taken my friends creation and have worked a lot of the kinks associated with a complete power train replacement and am enjoying a very reliable car.IMG_0004 (1).JPGIMG_0976[1].JPGIMG_1170.JPGIMG_0011.JPG

Highlighted

New Driver

Hello, here is my lineup:

Triumph 1976 TR6 Factory Original Car / Owned since 1983 / All Records From Purchase

Dano1_1-1590341044757.png

Highlighted

New Driver

Dano1_0-1590341293165.png

My Triumph 1980 TR8 / Purchased in 2016

Highlighted

New Driver

45F2ED40-58CA-43CB-9733-95C1B0950570.jpeg

CE72EE56-6A4D-44A2-B600-0D4B7C817922.jpeg

 Hello, my name is Fred and car is a 1969 Triumph GT 6, fully restored and a blast to drive.  I live in Mi. Center Mi. And these cars always interested me as it was my first new car in 1971!  A true British classic!