cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1964 DB5

Pit Crew

I started cleaning this car as a teenager in 1970. In 1983 i was able to purchase it and found that 2 cylinders were dead, timing chain was stretched and brakes boosters were non functional. I parked it and life got in the way.

After 19 years of my own undiscovered barn find, I sent it to Kevin Kay Restorations. I wanted to keep it as close to the build sheet as possible and Kevin allowed me that luxury. No 4.2 upgrade or Harvey Bailey suspension for me. I just wanted to experience it as if I had walked into a dealership and drove it away as new.

The color is Fiesta Red, one of only 42 to leave Newport Pagnell in this livery. Of those, 14 have been verified color changed. As it is an Italian designed body, Fiesta red brings out the flowing lines.

We live about 35 miles north of Monterey and I regularly drive it to Car Week events and have been blessed to win honors at several local shows. 

It's been 15 years since the restoration was completed. I have enjoyed it for several thousand miles and several million smiles. 20200603_114415.jpg

20200603_114508.jpg

20200529_101125.jpg

7157218025_421a3fce47_o.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Show us your British cars

Pit Crew

59 TR3A with overdrive and in Winchester Blue

Highlighted

Pit Crew

59 TR3A in Winchester Blue59 TR3A in Winchester Blue

Highlighted

Pit Crew

Gorgeous! I have always loved the 3B grille. It completed the TR3 bodyline.

Highlighted

1961 Triumph TR3A

New Driver

How can a car be such a pain in the butt and still be loved and enjoyed?  I can sum that up in two words. . . . It's British.  This is my second TR3.  (I'm obviously into suffering) Bought my first one in Michigan while still in High School.  My second in 1985.  Loved them both but finding qualified and honest mechanics gets harder every year.  Still, I'm not quite willing to let go of this one.  My grand-kids think they are going to get it some day. . . .but they don't know that I will probably want to be buried in it.  READY TO PLAYREADY TO PLAYRESURRECTION AFTER CRASHRESURRECTION AFTER CRASH