cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Show us your British cars

Congratulations to @LKsE and their beautiful Jaguar E-Type for getting the most likes in our British cars show!

eLJ6kbkzistmw1rVqWXDfOvXY9Visai2l5VcaqYUxFk.jpeg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: British cars.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your car
  • The car's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the car’s history or significance to you

No car to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 28 May will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

175 REPLIES 175
New Driver

20191023_144103_HDR.jpg

 1973 Jaguar e-type OTS

(With removable hardtop)

Owned,and driven, for 9 yrs

Salem, SC

IMG_20190225_184213_01.jpg

 1967 Austin-Healey 3000 

Owned, and driven, for 38 years!

Salem, SC

We are a husband (Healey) and wife (Jaguar) team loving our British cars!

Pit Crew

Rarely get to see beauties like this. Thank you!
Pit Crew

Very classy! Congratulations!
New Driver

I fell in love with the Lotus Europa when I was 16 in 1971.  In 1981 I bought a 1970 Series 2.  The car sat dormant from 1985 to 2001 when I started a body-off, frame up restoration completed in 2005.

The car has been modified with a Renault 807 Crossflow engine with twin Weber DCOE 40s replacing the original Renault engine.

We currently reside in Northern Virginia.

DSCN0039.JPGDSCN0042.JPGDSCN0046.JPGDSCN0123.jpg

New Driver

I saw my 1st Berkeley as a kid back in 1961. My brother and I were out on a bike ride in Seattle and passed by a small car dealership and saw a little sports car in the window. It was a new Berkeley (probably an SE-328) and I absolutely fell in love with it. This car measures 4' x 10' (perfect 'kid' size), weighs 700 lbs, and is powered by a 3-cylinder Excelsior motor cycle engine. I got a brochure at the time (and I still have it) and never forgot about it. Several years later when I was old enough to drive one of these could not be found, so I had to settle for an old '55 Porsche Speedster as my first car. When I was in the Navy in Long Beach in early 1967 I saw an ad in the paper for a Berkeley up in LA -- ended up buying it. A friend (shipmate) and I worked on trying to get it running, but after several months of trying had no luck. When we were out on the road one time someone drove up alongside and wanted to buy it on the spot -- I relented and sold it. It was always in the back of my mind to maybe get another one someday, and when one showed up for sale in Seattle around 2009 I just went up and bought it. It has been a part-time project since, run only occasionally. It is a 1959 Berkeley SE 492 with the original Excelsior 492 cc engine replaced with a Suzuki GT 550 engine. She resides in Gig Harbor, WA.Berkeley SE-492Berkeley SE-492Berkeley SE-492Berkeley SE-492Berkeley SE-492Berkeley SE-492

New Driver

1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+21970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2Engine bayEngine bayInteriorInterior

Originally growing up in England, an E-Type Jag was my dream car and totally beyond my expectations of ownership. Fast forward 35 years here in Canada and my dream came true. Actually two dreams - the second was that my wife encouraged me to buy the car!

My 1970 E-Type 2+2 lives in the Vancouver BC area. Originally unsold in California it was re-registered in BC in 1971 and stayed put. I purchased it in 2014 as an un-restored original, it truly was, complete with original, under body protecting, oil leaks! The previous owner had the car from 1976. He was a long time member of the Vancouver Jaguar/MG club and at 96 years young was having difficulty getting in and out and looked for a good home - I guess I passed the test! I knew it needed some fixing up but as I worked on the car it was obvious there was a lot more work than I anticipated, anyone heard that before? I took the car off the road in 2016 and work is still progressing. Fortunately the body is in amazing shape so I am able to do most of the mechanical work myself. For a while (17 months) the bonnet (almost half the car) was a feature of our living room - did I mention I had a great wife? My garage also contains a 1977 MGB restored jointly by me and my daughter and her recently acquired 1970 MGB project in waiting.

Sadly in 2019 the Jag's previous owner passed away in his 102nd. year. When asked what his secret to long life was he replied "don't drink on a Monday"!

Cheers to everyone in the collector car world during these trying times.

New Driver

Beautiful!
New Driver

This is my 1965 Triumph TR4; I've owned it since May 1968. Mostly original with some engine and suspension mods underneath. My wife and I were married in this car in 1970; our son and daughter-in-law used it as their "limo" in 2010. Grandson is learning mysteries of carburetors, stick shift, and manual everything - and loves it. Boston, MA area but still drive it on clear road days in winter as well as fair weather. PS. Has never let us down in 52 years!20181104_155422.jpgIMG_9838.jpgIMGP0145-002.JPG

New Driver

1970 Jaguar Series 2 E-type OTS (roadster)Checking the view of the StraightsChecking the view of the Straights

284.jpg

A top-down day at the beach!A top-down day at the beach!

New Driver

Another Europa. Looks great with perfect improvements.