cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Show us your British cars

Congratulations to @LKsE and their beautiful Jaguar E-Type for getting the most likes in our British cars show!

eLJ6kbkzistmw1rVqWXDfOvXY9Visai2l5VcaqYUxFk.jpeg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: British cars.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your car
  • The car's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the car’s history or significance to you

No car to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 28 May will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

174 REPLIES 174
Hagerty Employee

OK- a couple shots of my British stablemates, a 1974 Lotus Europa Special and a 1972 Lotus Elan Sprint.  I've had the Europa since my college days, when I bought it completely disassembled in boxes.  The bucket seats were our first living room furniture.  Over the years I've completely rebuilt the entire car and have driven it many miles.  I'm glad Rob Siegel finally finished his so he could embrace their quirks and acknowledge the upside of owning such a fantastic driver's car.

The Elan I picked up as a "barn find" just about two years ago and am knee deep in a full mechanical refresh due to the car sitting neglected for so long.Europa2.jpgEuropa1.jpgEuropa3.jpgElan1.JPG

Community Manager

Great work saving the Elan!  Both of those cars make a great pairing! 

New Driver

E2B1F371-5DA9-4442-BF8D-3AD972D8A970.jpeg

1963 Morris Mini Cooper 997

Currently off the road fixing some minor rust issues.

Western Colorado

Pit Crew

That Elan looks like one of a pair of cars several of "us" auto crossed in the Seattle area in the late 70's.

Pit Crew

IMG_0497.JPGBrooklands 1.JPGDSC04549.jpgIMG_2379.JPG

1956 TR3 located in central Alabama

Owned 6 years. I saw the car for sale on Craig's List in northern VA and someone bought it before I could respond. It turned out that I knew the "restorer" who purchased it and had him complete it to my specs. It will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

New Driver

I was hooked when he opened the garage door.

I bought it in Burnaby, BC in 1989 from Frank Oz. He originally brought it over from England; drove it for a long time; sold it to a father and son who were going to restore it; bought it back when they got in over their heads; restored it; then sold it to me to fund the restoration of an XK120. I showed it in Jaguar concours for several years where it only took first place. I've done several weddings with it over the years, as a way of sharing it. My original plan was for it to be my winter car; my '63 Etype roadster being my summer car. Bad idea. So I wound up with two summer cars and a Land Rover Discovery for winter.

DSCN5274.JPGDSCN5276.JPGDSCN5282.JPG

New Driver

That looks like it is at Boot2Bonnet. Nick does great work!

New Driver

1966 Austin Healey 3000 Mk 3

I bought this car when I was 19 in 1975. It was a bit of a dog, but I rebuilt the engine, welded in a floor, painted it and drove it for 30 odd years.

About 10 years ago I completely dismantled it and restored it properly...fixing my youthful mistakes. So, it's been in the family for 45 years and I can't imagine not having it to work on...it's quite therapeutic!On the road-2.jpgOn the road-1.jpg

New Driver

My wife and I own this 1960 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite. We purchased the car a few years after we were married in 1991 in the San Francisco, CA area. The car is pretty much stock except for the color and tilt front. The car has its original 948cc engine and 4-speed transmission with about 77K original miles on the odometer. The car is always a hit with children who come out with their parents to local car shows in Colorado Springs, CO because the car is "just their size". My wife and I love keeping this piece of British motoring on the road.644D737E-DA9E-4636-831E-244F36523C5E_1_101_o.jpeg

CEBBF26A-F834-4817-9BAF-7A4398815C30.jpeg

E5858B84-5415-48C3-B505-267E10CF04EC.jpeg