cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Show us your British cars

New Driver

  2003 Opel speedster 2.2

Yeah I know I know, some may say it’s not British because the badge says Opel (Vauxhall for some). However The car is designed and built by Lotus and manufactured in the same line that the Elise in Hethel, Norfolk.

My first real Sport Car (after a  Peugeot 205 GTi I used for track days). Very very light and very responsive. It’s a pleasure to drive it. Difficult to get in a out but once in, it feels like you were born in there. Your heels are at the same height that your “end of your back”. 

I live in Huntington Beach, CA, although this car is in Madrid, Spain. I couldn’t figure it out how to take it to California. 

462B0649-363F-4E62-AF41-FEDC7CEC0FEF.jpeg

35331975-DEB1-42E2-9E94-C40A2555DFC8.jpeg

67CE1A47-B93F-4165-B849-C1984A32043A.jpeg

FB295FBB-7AED-4D9C-8643-F10820272158.jpeg

Las time my dad drove it. He passed away 5 days ago after fighting cancer for more than 10 years. Love you dad!

Highlighted

New Driver

"Beck TD" is a 1952 MG TD with a period conversion to Volvo B18 power - a popular upgrade in the 60's and 70's. The Beck's Brewery livery came with the car, from a time when it was a promotional vehicle for a beer distributor. I've done a ton of work on it - 61 blog posts to date. Just Google "Beck TD" and you'll find something.

Beck TDBeck TD

Highlighted

New Driver

Tdunham1_0-1590498904043.jpegTdunham1_1-1590499047534.jpeg

‘53 MG TD 

USC Marching Band

San Marino

Motor Classic

1st in class

After & Before. 

Phew! Smile

Her name is Abbie for Abingdon!

In these times the old MG motto is apropos— 

“Safety Fast”

Highlighted

New Driver

This is my 1968 Jaguar E-Type Series 1.5 which was my childhood dream car.  The FH Coupe matched my favorite matchbox car which I carried in my pocket to an age much older then I should have.  I drive it every Friday to work and never tire looking at it.  Not perfect but a joy to me!

Gaylen L.  - Arlington, Texas

Jag-1.png

Highlighted

2 Owner 1976 Triumph TR6

Pit Crew

This was a nice two-owner car. Originally purchased in Quebec, Canada and later purchased by a chap in Ontario Canada. It was loved and well used for many years however, the car sat outside for a couple of winters after the previous owner fell on hard times. I cleaned up the car best I could and prepared it for sale with the proceeds going to the second owner to help him out. He was sad to part with his car but his health and finances meant he could no longer care for or drive the car. 

Two owner 1976 TR6Two owner 1976 TR6

Corey and Tim freshening up the '76 TR6Corey and Tim freshening up the '76 TR6

Tags (1)
Highlighted

New Driver

I have a 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II. I got it in the late 70's from a coworker. I've spent the last 40+ years rebuilding the motor, transmission, body work, etc. To my wife's delight once I retired I got it back from a mechanic that put in a rebuilt engine, then I had it repainted, had the interior upholstered and it's running on the road. As far as I know, it’s been in Southern California its whole life.

I am in Rancho Cucamonga, California

A Southern California CarA Southern California CarNew with Red StichingNew with Red StichingA few Items left to finishA few Items left to finish62 Alpine62 AlpineAlpine IIAlpine II

Highlighted

New Driver
Yep! I am very happy with his work so far!

New Driver

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Bob and Mike Del Zio

This is a new purchase just before quarantine.  Bob owned a Sunbeam Tiger for 13 years after returning from serving in the Marines in Vietnam.  He is looking forward to making some new memories with this car!

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_0222.PNG

Highlighted

Re: Show us your British cars 1969 triumph TR6 Ford powered with a 408 CI, 5 speed trans.

New Driver

1969 Triumph TR61969 Triumph TR6

TR6 AND VETTR6 AND VET

Highlighted

Pit Crew

Heres my '57 Healey having just finished a load of work at Hahn Auto Restoration in PA, now back home in Sunny CA.  Sneaky air intake on the fender is a hint of the 6.3 LS3 hiding inside.

Healey.png