cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator ~ 428SCJ, 4-speed, Ram-Air

Pit Crew
That shot drifting around the field is incredible!
Highlighted

Re: Show us your '60s muscle cars

New Driver

Awesome!

Highlighted

Re: 1961 Chrysler 300G

Community Manager

Lovely car and the color scheme is great!  And that's still the coolest Wedge motor ever made! 

Highlighted

Re: 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator ~ 428SCJ, 4-speed, Ram-Air

Community Manager

That's a beautiful Eliminator!  Thank you for sharing and for your efforts to document all Eliminators for the world to see! 

Highlighted

Pit Crew

Not your traditional muscle car, but she does have a 390!  Meet Ginger, 1968 Ford Galaxie 500.  My wife and I saw her at the Old Town Classic Car Show downtown TC in 2017.  Mostly original except for a Holley 4bbl carb and some Lincoln front bucket seats.

Danimirish_1-1589814346652.png

We agreed to buy her, and then my wife made the purchase behind my back, conspiring with the seller Jim to make me think another party was the buyer.  She then surprised me with Ginger as a gift at Hagerty's Cars and Caffeine a few days later.

Danimirish_2-1589815221209.png

Since then, we have had a ton of adventures, including car shows and parades, cruises, cruise-ins for some local assisted living homes, and we have even rented her out for a wedding through DriveShare.

Danimirish_3-1589815617023.png

Danimirish_4-1589815710844.png

Probably the most fun so far was hosting the Cherry Queen for the Heritage Parade.

Danimirish_5-1589816236399.png

Looking forward to many more adventures!  Enjoy the Ride!

Community Manager

I love your Galaxie!  My first car was a '65 LTD, but it was just a sedan! 

Highlighted

Hagerty Employee

My Dad has had this '67 Corvette since I was in high school, and it has been rebuilt, restored, taken apart, and put together again a thousand times. It's one of the reasons why I think it's so normal to have a collection of old cars! I mean, what else do people do with their time? Dad's is a late production '67 in Marina Blue, with a 400 hp tripower 427, side pipes, and four speed. Over the years he's played with different rear end ratios, but I think at this moment it's got a 3.70 final drive with a wide ratio setup in the gearbox. I've been driving it since I first got a license, so it's more like a family dog than a car to me. Love that stinger hood...Love that stinger hood...

The '67 Vette looks on, as my poor '68 811 gets a middle-of-a-road-trip oil cooler installed...The '67 Vette looks on, as my poor '68 811 gets a middle-of-a-road-trip oil cooler installed...The best part of a side piped big block Corvette- moving out!The best part of a side piped big block Corvette- moving out!

Tags (3)
Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

My favorite Corvette year.

I’m with you on the stinger hood!

Highlighted

New Driver

9DAF67E0-D4F0-4013-A0A8-54B4300ABA3E.jpeg

AF5CCD60-FAA1-485A-9412-55DA2F842057.jpeg

2B611658-D3F4-421D-91EB-569C8F331F7E.jpeg

5580D13D-B365-4A92-86D3-953AD58452E5.jpeg

Here’s my 1969 Dodge Super Bee

has been a dream of mine and my wife’s for years now and we were finally able to get one! 

Highlighted

New Driver

front and back color.jpg

This may not be your typical muscle car but my 1961 Imperial Crown Convertible can certainly "Git up 'n go!" with her trusty 413 wedge V8 putting out 350 bhp at 4600rpm and delivering 0-60 in just a hair over 8 seconds when delivered on 10/7/60.  She is a bit older than me and I am her 4th husband, but PLEASE don't call her a Cougar -- or even a Chrysler... She's Imperial.  Gorgeous Exner excesses display his "forward look" design in this one-year-only body style sporting the tallest fins to ever grace an American production car (1/2" taller than a '59 caddy) and free standing front and rear light pods, a panalescent dash and squared off steering wheel plus the famous push-button torque-flite transmission round out a wonderful and unique auto that I just love.  This is one of only 429 Imperial Crown Imperials built/sold in 1961 and is basically all original with its original paint, dent-free body panels, interior and brightwork.  Again, maybe not a pony, GOAT, 'vette or other famous 60's era MOPAR muscle like its cousins (letter series 300's) but she has plenty of muscle for me.

I have all the original paperwork from her sale on 10/7/60 including the mulroney sticker, salesman's business card, original owners handbooks and registration plus years of maintenance, insurance and registration paperwork and she has traveled less than 1000 miles per year since her delivery in Portland Oregon in October 1960.  Fun to drive and definitely an attention getter...  plus, 4 people can socially distance in this car!

cockpit.jpgengine.jpgIMG_0919.JPGleft fin and flite-sweep 5-2-20.jpgwow - over the lake in Fort Sheridan 5-2-20.jpg