cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Show us the Cars You Wish You Still Had

Congratulations to @sclin10 and their awesome 1966 Corvair 500
for getting the most likes in our Cars You Wish You Still Had car show!

20-4386-US-EVT-2020 Digital Driveway-Newsletter-600x338-R222.jpg

Join our virtual car show with this week's theme: Cars You Wish You Still Had.

Reply to this post and include:

• A few photos of your car
  • The car's year, make, and model
  • Your location
  • (Optional) A short write-up about the car’s history or significance to you

No car to submit? No problem. Have fun looking at the pictures and reading stories from others. And make sure you “like” your favorites!

The reply with the most likes by next Thursday 3 December will win this week’s show - earning unlimited bragging rights and some Hagerty social media love.

17 REPLIES 17
Technician

I wish I still had this:'69 Plymouth.jpg

'69 Sport Satellite 440, 727, console, slapstick, Dana 60 rear. Yep, I should have kept that one. This is a facsimile as my pics are at home. This one is identical, however.

Detailer

It’s been a long time since I’ve had it, but I absolutely loved my 92 Blazer that was my daily in my early 20s. I upgraded it with a 400 Small Block under the hood which I got to play nice with the TBI system. I truly miss that truck and the fun I had driving and upgrading it.

93199E27-E439-48E7-A3B5-C2C917CD5A00.jpeg

Pit Crew

I will always have a soft spot for my first car, a 1966 Corvair 500, even though I have since owned Monzas, including the '67 in my garage. The '66 was a 'plain Jane' but got 3 of my friends and me to Lake Tahoe and San Francisco (those hills were a challenge with 3-speed1969 '66 corvair on vacation.jpg manual tranny!) from our home in Orange County!

Pit Crew

1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 327

Always wanted one since high school, owned it for seven years but had to sell due to sudden financial constraints

Fontana, CA

Chevy7.jpgChevy4.jpgChevy1a.jpgChevy3.jpg

New Driver

1973 BMW 2002, bought as a project for $800 and drove it home, really miss it

0CFB19EB-E1E4-440E-8A8A-CABC34C8CB5F.jpeg

Intermediate Driver

How will I see this and when

Intermediate Driver

I wish I still had this 

20201128_114510.jpg

I planned to put a then camaro zl1 v8 in it and make it a track car but it had to many problems in my hands since I was using it as a daily driver

New Driver

My  first car was a 1957 Chevy, bought it with my savings from selling eggs door to door when I was 15 and fixed it up with my dad. Had to sell it to pay for college... I’ll get’er back some day!

This one isn’t mine, but it was identical! 

E965C320-25B1-4239-8185-B07F4AE022C4.jpeg

New Driver

2. passenger side 2.JPG30. dash (thru rear hatch).JPG

I still miss my 1973 Saab Sonett III I called Rocky (after Rocket J. Squirrel of Rocky and Bullwinkle fame). I was not a car designed for today's highways but it was a hoot to drive on back roads. It's 1.4L Ford V-4, front wheel drive, and light weight made it's 65 HP seem like a lot more. It was a pain to work on and a pain to get in and out of, but I miss it. Never has any car I've owned before or since drawn as much attention, questions and comments - everything from "What is it?" to "My college roommate had one of these!" Great fun!!!