Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unmitigated Gaul Class

Community Manager

0001-17.jpg

Class: Unmitigated Gaul

Got a lemon to share? Post a photo of it here and write a few lines about what makes your lemon extra special and deserving of votes.

No lemon? Join us for the spectacle anyway. Vote for your favorite, or rather maybe your least favorite, the most absurd, the most impressively awful lemons simply by liking the posts.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Unmitigated Gaul Class

Pit Crew

This Deux Chevaux is a 1974, but most folks guess 1959. Her name is Mlle Clouseau(get it?), she sat for ten years underneath a pine tree next to Monterey Bay.  The tin worms and flora and fauna had their way with her. Slowly and every so slowly she is becoming worthy of Bridgitte Bardot's famous video drive.  She certainly puts new terror in 45 MPH.

Adieu

TimCan 5 million Frenchmen be wrong?Can 5 million Frenchmen be wrong?It's alive!It's alive! 

Highlighted

Pit Crew
Love it!..
Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

Removed

Highlighted

New Driver

Highlighted

Pit Crew

Not French, got it in the wrong class?

Highlighted

Pit Crew
Not French, got it in the wrong class?
Highlighted

Currently an assuredly "concours d' Lemons" car, this one actually was displayed at our local (for real) Carillon Park Concours in Dayton OH to show the non-car buff folks attending the event what many of the cars on the field looked like in their "before" condition.  

"Bridgette" is a 1956 Renault 4CV convertible, and actually is a rare car.  Only 12-13 4CV convertibles were imported to the US (out of somewhere around 10,000 4CVs total) in its last year of production, primarily because the convertibles were nearly 50% more expensive than the sedans:  $1600 vs $1095.  By her VIN, she's one of the last 56's, and thus one of the last 4CV convertibles off the assembly line.  

She's a little beat up because, among other indignities to befall her, in 1974 she was a (very) unwilling participant in a tornado, where a barn fell on her.  Thus the dents in unusual places.   After many years in my garage looking forlorn, Bridgette's turn for restoration is approaching.    She'll be painted a nice "Atlantic Green" metallic--a color unique to 4CV convertibles. 

That wad of material visible through the side windows--is the convertible top, another victim of the 1974 tornado.  But someday...

Bridgette heading for the concoursBridgette heading for the concours

New Driver

43F542F8-74AD-41B2-848A-ADBE340DC07F.jpeg

C21F7A3E-21D4-4020-A8A1-4734C4901691.jpeg

F78A4B22-8482-470A-B4D5-D784339CA756.jpeg

33431EF8-A6DA-44E6-899D-5EE5859F0868.jpeg

 the paradise fire of 2018 took my Morgan jaguar MGA and my B M W leaving me with this my wife call’s it my booger my grandkids call it Melty

Highlighted

Pit Crew

Bridgette is beautiful.