Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Swedish Meatballs Class

Community Manager

0001-25.jpg

Class: Swedish Meatballs

Got a lemon to share? Post a photo of it here and write a few lines about what makes your lemon extra special and deserving of votes.

No lemon? Join us for the spectacle anyway. Vote for your favorite, or rather maybe your least favorite, the most absurd, the most impressively awful lemons simply by liking the posts.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

#SupremeTurd Concours Entry

New Driver

Here is the '85 Saab 900 run by These Test Icicles in LeMons Rally events.

This car is an original naturally aspirated sedan with over 204,xxx miles. "How many over?" You may be asking. We're not sure. The speedometer cable retired from service during the 2019 Four Bangors rally and we've not been bothered to get a new one.

The Bosch CIS has been backdated to a pre-lambda fuel distributor in order to maximize simplicity and lightness (read: the frequency valve confused the owners so they pitched it before realizing how critical it was to fuel metering).

You might also notice that the fuel pump switch that was hanging from the hood when we attended the Concours d'LeMons Michigan 2019 has been relocated to the handcrafted steel dashboard.

There are plenty of other problems and ill-advised repairs/modifications to this car and more can be seen at https://www.instagram.com/jrflagman/

IMG_20200706_141711.jpg

IMG_20200706_141727.jpg

  

IMG_20200706_141746.jpg

IMG_20200706_141813.jpg

IMG_20200706_141848.jpg

  

Highlighted

Swedish Meatballs Class - Keystone Kops ALSF Volvo 240 Racing Team - 1984 Volvo 244

New Driver

Our beloved "brown car" for our team. Keystone Kops ALSF Volvo 240 Racing team raced this 1984 Volvo 244 for 43 races from 2008 to 2016, She has been "touched" on every possible inch of sheet metal throughout her racing career.  Under the Keystone Kops theme, there has been a police light bar complete with working lights and siren (later banned) and Clive the Volvo crash dummy riding atop, as well as a cardboard cutout of Kristen Stewart from the Twilight movie of which a Volvo S60R was the star. Even though the car was butt ugly towards the end, she helped to raise more than $95K for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) for pediatric cancer. We hope the judges consider this entry favorably as the winner of the Swedish Meatball class. Thank you.

240 Keystone Kops Volvo Lemons.jpg240 Keystone Kops Volvo Lemons 2.jpg240 Keystone Kops Volvo Lemons Racing.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Swedish Meatballs Class

New Driver

Our beloved "brown car" for our team. Keystone Kops ALSF Volvo 240 Racing team raced this 1984 Volvo 244 for 43 races from 2008 to 2016, She has been "touched" on every possible inch of sheet metal throughout her racing career.  Under the Keystone Kops theme, there has been a police light bar complete with working lights and siren (later banned) and Clive the Volvo crash dummy riding atop, as well as a cardboard cutout of Kristen Stewart from the Twilight movie of which a Volvo S60R was the star. Even though the car was butt ugly towards the end, she helped to raise more than $95K for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) for pediatric cancer. We hope the judges consider this entry favorably as the winner of the Swedish Meatball class. Thank you.

240 Keystone Kops Volvo Lemons.jpg240 Keystone Kops Volvo Lemons 2.jpg240 Keystone Kops Volvo Lemons Racing.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Swedish Meatballs Class - Keystone Kops ALSF Volvo 240 Racing Team - 1984 Volvo 244

Community Manager

OMG I love this so much! 😍

Highlighted

New Driver

Please consider this humble Volvo wagon, the marque's initial foray into stationwagondom that would span decades and produce some of the most legendary, iconic, over-engineered cars on the planet. 

Starting out as a panel truck popular with plumbers, electricians, florists, and phone companies all over northern Europe, at some point during a Gothenburg marketing meeting, possibly taking place over a few pints of Hoga Kusten or Mariestad's Old Ox, someone suggested,  "Hey, why don't we cut some windows in the sides, throw in a back seat, and see if anybody buys one?"  And a star was born, affectionately called the Duett, as in "half-car, half-truck".

I've had this beauty for 21 years.  When I first got it, it had been in 15 small accidents, and we're not just talking dents and creases, but multiple jagged edges waiting to induce tetanus.  After removing the nose, I discovered just how rusty it was, and a 16-year period of denial ensued.  When the owner of the building it was in decided he could make more money growing pot in it than renting it to two gearheads, it had to be moved, and, since I'd driven it in, I decided I owed it to it, and me, to drive it out.

It's not really a lemon.  After reading a Hagerty article on the benefit of lists, I created one, and this guy is the only vehicle in the fleet, of six, with nothing currently under the header.  Please consider it for concours status nonetheless.  IMG_1660.JPGIMG_1661.JPGIMG_1662.JPGIMG_1663.JPGIMG_1667.JPG

Highlighted

New Driver

1969 Saab 96v4 Deluxe Model

Equipped with a 1.5L Ford V4 mated to a 4 spd manual with a freewheeling option.  This car was rescued from a long nap under a tree and then failed miserably at a lemons rally.

IMG_5696.JPGIMG_5700.JPGSaab.jpgSaab2.jpgSaab3.jpgSaab4.jpgSaab5.jpgSaab6.jpgSaab7.jpgSaab8.jpgSaab9.jpgSaab10.jpgSaab11.jpgSaab12.jpg