cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Soul-sucking Japanese Appliance Class

New Driver

When Ferruccio Lamborghini took a list of items he thought could be improved on his Ferrari to Enzo himself, Enzo told him that his cars are perfect and he didn’t want advice from a tractor mechanic on how to make his prancing ponies better.  This entry for the Concours is probably what Enzo thought Lamborghini would do to his beloved red cars.  Part Honda Goldwing, part Mazda Miata, and part Oliver 66, this trike has it all.  This bike has 49 more horsepower than the original tractor the sheet metal used to sit on, pushing the panels down the interstate faster than their designers ever imagined they would go. 

The 1954 Oliver 66 had been sitting behind the family farm for years axle deep in mud.  Two second generation Honda Goldwings were purchased, buy one get one free, and included a free trailer to get them off the owner’s property.  The front assembly was graftedand  narrowed from a NA Miata giving the bike large front disc brakes, wide front wheels, and comfy suspension.  It even has something for German car lovers with a VW 34 carburetor.   Other accents on the bike include windmill blade fenders with fence post supports, leather belt with adjustable plier holster (every motorcycle needs a repair kit), exhaust stack flappers, wide ass tractor seats, and CO-OP white battery.  With this motorcycle you can ride in style on the black top or the red dirt roads.

The Oliver Trike is a frequent entry in local shows and recently won the prestigious Wednesday-Thursday-Friday (WTF) award at the Dwight Nebraska Car, Bike, and Tractor Show.

Mostly Japanese so I suppose it goes in here

IMG-0919.JPGIMG-0916.JPGIMG-0915.JPGIMG-0914.JPGIMG-0913.JPGIMG-0911.JPGIMG-0910.JPG

Highlighted

New Driver

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CBQWfLeZKsA1d1d57 

Our 1977 Celica Lemons race car, it's slow but fun!

Highlighted

Pit Crew

SANY2191.JPG

 Good enough for Ronald Reagan's ranch, good enough for me.

SANY2153.JPG

SANY2154.JPG

Highlighted

New Driver

This is my 1990 Nissan Axxess.  It's an extremely rare version with a manual transmission and all wheel drive.

Axxess1.jpegIt's been a long time since I've washed it.

Highlighted

New Driver

inbound876564939115483628.jpg

Tags (1)
Highlighted

New Driver

inbound876564939115483628.jpg

 mine is the white previa supervan. Think family sized Ferrari.  Mid engine supercharged awd nearly 50/50 weight distribution. Comeing to a rallycross near you. Be afraid.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Hagerty Employee

Enjoy the glory of the Yakuza ready 1992 Toyota Century! It's had a lot of adventures- including participating in Concours d'Lemons at Monterey Car Week and Concours of America in Michigan. After thousands of miles of road trips and hard touring, it's ready for some attention. But it's still one of the cheapest ways to make an entrance if you love Japanese style, lots of '90's buttons, and a cushy right hand drive experience!

Monterey, CA August 2017- Best in Class after a 3000 mile drive from Maryland!Monterey, CA August 2017- Best in Class after a 3000 mile drive from Maryland!

New Driver

For your consideration: what you get when you buy an early 2000s-era Subaru Legacy for $100 in non-running condition. Turns out, just adding a battery and a spark plug, you too can experience the looming threat of blown headgaskets, while leaving a rustcrumb trail everywhere you go!IMG_7861.jpgIMG_7862.jpgIMG_7863.jpgIMG_7864.jpg

Highlighted

New Driver

I have never built a car, worked on one, or even had knowledge of the basics before tackling this project. I decided one day I wanted to race a car with a group of friends so what better option than to buy a mazda miata. However, this Miata did not look like this when I bought it. It may not look beautiful, it may not be fast, it may not even be the best handling on track, however, it is my pure love enjoy encapsulated in over 2000 of work. I hope that someone will enjoy it as much as I do through these pictures. Hopefully this baby will stand out enough to win an award! 

Details: 

-1993 Mazda miata chassis ( bought without anything assembled. Engine was in a box (UNLABELED haha!!!!) )

-1995 mazda miata engine. 

- Cheap Coilovers

-1995 breaks 

-custom wiring harness I built from stock

-extra blood and sweat can be found in every inch of car

Truly Butt Turible 

miata.jpgScreenshot_20200224-205846_Gallery.jpg20200626_180146.jpg

Highlighted

New Driver

D5A00DEF-374A-4388-A36B-8E194DD669E3.jpeg

92 Autozam AZ-1 tiny door windows, huge greenhouse to melt and suck the soul right out of you.  So soul sucking, Mazda could only sell 4500 of them before giving up.  But will make your soulless self grin like a madman if you actually can fit and drive one.