cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rust Belt American Junk - GM Class

Community Manager

0001-29.jpg

Class: Rust Belt American Junk - GM

Got a lemon to share? Post a photo of it here and write a few lines about what makes your lemon extra special and deserving of votes.

No lemon? Join us for the spectacle anyway. Vote for your favorite, or rather maybe your least favorite, the most absurd, the most impressively awful lemons simply by liking the posts.

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted

Re: Rust Belt American Junk - Other Class

New Driver

Here is our entry: 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham known as “The Duke”. 2020 Retreat From Moscow Rally winner of Organizer’s Choice. Team Escape from Buffalo and TheDukeArrives on Instagram. Was a total loss when purchased and we “repaired” it with our Hackery and managed to make it to rally start. *Noteworthy Event* Attempting to do a burnout inside a tunnel in the hills of NC far away from anything and managing to turn the 200-4R trans into an all-forward gears (including park, reverse and neutral) and losing overdrive and torque converter lockup. Despite this setback we got to the finish line in Alabama and all the way back to Buffalo with it. Still driving it today with the bad trans. Never turned off the chandeliers and never got pulled over! You’ll see us again in October at the Fall Fail-iage Tour Rally! The Duke will appreciate your votes. Here are some pictures and a video for you to enjoy!

8BDCE266-3DDC-4345-8D3F-808B28E7A72C.jpeg

D2F4C0E7-44A5-43BF-8382-0EEF0725E408.jpeg

EAE46C0F-3E0A-4D77-84CD-60BF07D73125.jpeg

E7A7EA1A-6952-4E80-83AF-018EA8847F00.jpeg

F12F3C0F-3A0E-4B3E-B86C-86B0CFA8502A.jpeg

C33DD931-E31F-4C24-8C15-07851AB18881.jpeg

You Are the Duke of New York 

Highlighted

Re: Rust Belt American Junk - Other Class

Community Manager

I loved seeing photos of your car on the Rally, thank you for joining us here!  

Highlighted

Re: Rust Belt American Junk - GM Class

New Driver

So here's my pile, a 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP. This car truly is everything wrong with GM in the early to mid 2000's. Needlessly complicated, front wheel drive, large as a barge, unreliable, impractical, not very class competitive, and has no real target audience. This particular example has roughly 109,000 miles on the clock and already has an engine rebuild under its belt. This engine really is the cherry on top of this lemon; the notorious 4.6 liter Northstar V8 delivers 275 untamed torque-steering horses to the front wheels. This car truly was a recipe for disaster--doomed from the start. If your GXP wasn't plagued with head-gasket issues, the infamous Bonneville rust would claim it. And with a production run of 2 years, only around 6,000-8,000 units were ever made, and I'm sure many, many less are still on the road today. While the Bonneville GXP is slowly being forgotten with time, I'm here trying to keep its rather flawed and unfortunate legacy alive.

20200223_131948.jpg

20200223_135202.jpg

20200223_135317.jpg

20200223_135507.jpg

Highlighted

New Driver

My Entry - 1978 Cadillac Fleetwood D'Elegance
This entry might be too nice, but I purchased this car four years for $2,500 to run in our car rally Italy To Paris - TexasIt is a car rally (not a race) with a set of varying rules which we won’t divulge since we don’t know exactly what they are yet. In general terms, participants all purchase or borrow an old beater or random ride and see if it will make the 300 mile route… with a series of challenges! Poorly drawn maps are provided at the start and bonus points if you go the long way to Athens.

This this bad boy has a big block 425 and is straight piped and is twice as loud as you would expect to be going as slow as you'd expect. It's really in amazing shape, the story was it sat at a Cadillac dealership for 25 years. It's got 55,000 miles on the odometer and I think it's correct. On a weird note, the original owner was Tom Barrett of Barrett/Jackson auction house (there was a typed warranty card in the glove box). The interior is the velour and smells of cocaine and strippers, as you'd expect.Obligatory Cadillac at South Fork RanchObligatory Cadillac at South Fork RanchThey tore this down, it's outside of Italy.They tore this down, it's outside of Italy.The crew hanging out in Italy, TexasThe crew hanging out in Italy, TexasOff Road Capable!Off Road Capable!The horniest car in the group, I guaranteeThe horniest car in the group, I guaranteeMaking a deposit, the trunk holds 4 and half bodiesMaking a deposit, the trunk holds 4 and half bodiesHere it is in it's natural habitat.Here it is in it's natural habitat.You can't prove anythingYou can't prove anythingChicks dig it, I rented it out for a photoshoot at South Fork.Chicks dig it, I rented it out for a photoshoot at South Fork. 

Highlighted

GMC rustbucket 1955 GMC 600 dualie silver tape on holes

New Driver

F90423DC-10AB-4A4D-A68F-49F8FFE4B337.jpeg

Highlighted

GMC rustbucket

New Driver

B79451A1-1F8D-4940-ACCD-7DCB24D8BF1A.jpeg

 The Frankenstein of rustbuckets :1955 GMC cab found in a field ,1984 Ford F250 chassis ,transmission and motor:Dodge ram wheels,Handmade flatbed.On  its way to be the perfect rat truck with aluminized tape on all the rust holes-Does it leak water in the rain?-heck yes!

Highlighted

Surprisingly uncooked 1984 Fiero

New Driver

Raw food is trendy.
Unfortunately, that is not the case for this uncooked fiero. 
This primo, never before burnt, example of an 84 Fiero has all of the fixins to be served cold. 

Factory cloth rips in the seats to ventilate your bottom since you were too cheap to spring for the A/C option while you fumble with the busted sun visor that hangs limper than a spaghetti noodle whenever you hit a michigan pothole. 

After blasting those pot holes, you'll be disappointed to learn that there are in fact no cup holders to hold your dip to go along with all of those fresh chips in the dull and pitted haf fiberglass, half plastic, half god knows what other chemicals body. 

No matter. Just sit back and let the cassette driven sounds of "Jagged Little Pill" soothe you through the crackly headrest speakers as you cruise no faster than 55 with your factory 4.10 rear end 4 speed being pushed by an underwhelming throttle body injection iron duke. Good thing you've got that haphazardly home crafted wing to keep you glued to the boiling pavement.

In the inevitable event that your fiero breaks down on the side of the road, you'll be glad that one headlight is permanently affixed in the up position, ready to light your way home after spending hours under the boot searching for brittle wires that have failed from heat stress. 

All these features will help you limp your way to and from work while staring at the temperature gauge and wondering why on earth you keep driving this four wheeled birth-control-mobile. Best, worst $350 car you ever spent your money on.20200709_135238.jpg20200709_135135.jpg20200709_135158.jpg

Highlighted

Pit Crew

3612AE42-CEBF-489A-9B90-C1CC3A5B5030.jpeg

 My 1974 camaro, I’ve had since new. Why else would you have a 1974? I sent this very nice , driveable car to a restoration shop for paint. This is the result of media blast and sitting outside for an extended time. The painter told me all was going well. Later his wife called tell me to come get my car “because Dennis is in jail”! I went down with my wife and drove this rusted hulk 30 miles home. It will be reborn a 1970 with new paint and drivetrain this fall!

Highlighted

Re: Surprisingly uncooked 1984 Fiero

Pit Crew

Sure it has its shortcomings, but it is also the platform that so many kit dreams are made from!