Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Kommunist Kars Class

Community Manager

0001-28.jpg

Class: Kommunist Kars

Got a lemon to share? Post a photo of it here and write a few lines about what makes your lemon extra special and deserving of votes.

No lemon? Join us for the spectacle anyway. Vote for your favorite, or rather maybe your least favorite, the most absurd, the most impressively awful lemons simply by liking the posts.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Kommunist Kars Class

New Driver

I proudly present my Kommunist Kar, a 1988 Yugo GVX, painted in a majestic Rustoleum FireRed. This car somehow boasts over 90,000 original miles and has never, ever failed to start in conditions between -10 and 100 degrees farenheit even after sitting for weeks on end. In the time since I saved it from the junkyard, it has participated in the 2019 Retreat From Moscow(Organizer's Choice), 2019 Detroit Concours D'Lemons(Class Winner), crossed the Mighty Mackinac Bridge(This is "The Car" that blew off in 1989!) and driven a few laps at 80+Mph on Michigan International Speedway! I truly love this car and do everything I can to keep it on the road, which fortunately does not require much more routine, if not less, maintenance than a normal 30 year old car. I get aggressive with anyone who dares imply it's a bad car in my presence. It's up to go to the grocery store, drive to work or something silly like a 600 mile drive to get a restaurant-served hamburger during a pandemic. The compression is hilariously low on the 32 year old communist hamster-drive, but it can still pull up to 90mph and keep up with traffic! 

There's additional Yugo hilarity along with my other lemons fleet on Instagram @DlangsHoopties.

GreatZomerPic.jpgYugoZomerInteriorPic.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-02-20-13-19.pngMIS_RacePic.jpg88GVX_Bridge.jpgLemonsActionPic.jpg

Highlighted

Community Manager

Oh man, a GVX trimmed Yugo!  You will DOMINATE!!!! 

Highlighted

New Driver
Awesome
Highlighted

Pit Crew

Conquering the westernmost trackConquering the westernmost track

Resting in the paddock at The RidgeResting in the paddock at The Ridge

Community Manager

I thought I'd see a Yugo here before I'd see a Lada...wow! 

Highlighted

Pit Crew

173F8407-28EB-40B6-A543-E5E96FA48D47.jpeg

How about a Wartburg?  Not just any Wartburg, but THE Wartburg.  The 2009 LeMons essay contest giveaway car.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2009/08/05/24-hours-of-lemons-win-a-1958-wartburg-... 

After the car completed the vaunted “Trifecta of Crap” with Misfit Toys Racing, it was sold to a high school shop teacher who disassembled it and gave up.  Jim of Misfit Toys bought it back and eventually made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.  

Being the car was in a million pieces in boxes, I spent 3 years deciding what to do with it.  It was out of sight out of mind in a Harbor Freight tent garage while I was looking for something from the 50’s to make into a Gasser.  Enter my brain, with the “hey dummy there’s something cool right outside the kitchen window”

Car currently is almost finished.  Should be done soon, pandemic giving me time away from racing to concentrate on building.

F9B7CD98-FD27-4EE7-9EE8-EB7E83860682.jpeg

Highlighted

Community Manager

Oh man, it's good to see this car again! 

Highlighted

Re: Kommunist Kars Class, 1969 NSU TTS...

B9685F59-D00B-4187-8165-A973558C97A3.jpeg

Highlighted

Intermediate Driver

@TheBuilderini So tell us more about this wondrous automobile.

Like... what is it?
How did you acquire it?
How is it that you are crazy enough to race it?