cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kooljazz
New Driver

2007 Jaguar XK RestoMod

I've restored this Jag to perfection, including the $15,000 official Jag repainting, blasted off the original paint, removed the fenders and chrome to clean and repair any possible dents and dings--I'm up to about $23,000 in cost using ONLY Original Manufacturers Parts, for a car worth diddly squat on resale--Am I wasting me time and money? Are Jags of this ilk worth anything at Auction when it hits 25 years old? Will I get my investment back????? Is there someone with knowledge on to answer this kind of question???

1 REPLY 1
Sajeev
Community Manager

I've been in your shoes several times and I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Sadly your Jaguar, like most every car from the 2000s, is not valuable enough to make such an expensive restoration a money making endeavor. Even 1980s and 1990s Jaguars aren't valuable enough to justify that much work either. Just have a look at the values of the 1990s XK8 on Bring a Trailer to see transaction prices: https://bringatrailer.com/jaguar/xk8/

Odds are your 2007 will follow suit, especially since there are plenty of them for sale online these days. Enjoy your car for all its worth and hopefully you can keep it long enough to become rarer, more collectable, and appreciate in value.