cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is the best way to sell a 1964 Pontiac Catalina in Houston, TX?

New Driver

What is the best way to sell a 1964 Pontiac Catalina in Houston, TX? 

Base model 1964 Pontiac Catalina Vista Light Blue 4 door. Two barrel carburetor. 389 cubic in. V8
53219 Original Miles! Had been sitting in garage for about 20 years. Paint and body is good. Have not tried to start it since it has been sitting for years.
I was thinking of asking $6400 OBO. Any ideas of where to place ads and appropriate price?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: What is the best way to sell a 1964 Pontiac Catalina in Houston, TX?

Community Manager

Hello fellow Houstonian!  Cars in this condition (i.e. not something that would command a high price on an Auction site) are usually best sold on the places you hate dealing with:  Craigslist ($10 listing fee here in Houston), Facebook Marketplace (free) and OfferUp (free, I think). 

$6400 will be a tough sell for a '60s Pontiac sedan in non-running condition, even though it sounds pretty nice and a worthy project for the right person.  I bet you will get a lot of infurating lowballers because it doesn't run.  I don't know what your bottom dollar is, but keep that in mind when dealing with those lowballers...because you have no choice but to deal with them. 

Highlighted

Re: What is the best way to sell a 1964 Pontiac Catalina in Houston, TX?

New Driver

Thank you!